Cotton Pickin'

black dog

Free America
My bestie and I actually had a argument over that last night, she told me it was racist and I told her, that her shanty Irish ass was wrong.
She stompy footed to the bedroom and I had hours of uninterrupted free time.
:dingding:
I won...

Songfourone

David Bossie

@David_Bossie
Follow Follow @David_Bossie
More
During a heated segment on Fox & Friends today, I should have chosen my words more carefully and never used the offensive phrase that I did. I apologize to Joel Payne, Fox News and its viewers.

10:01 AM - 24 Jun 2018

JustACitizen

I reckon someone must really get triggered when the get a bottle of aspirin and have to pick the cotton out to get to them.

SamSpade

Cotton-pickin' is one of those phrases that did not have its origins in racism - but for many, it's still racist anyway.
I grew up hearing Bug Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn saying it often, usually in conjunction with "minute"
as in "now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute".

I watched that segment, and saw his reaction the moment it left his mouth - kind of like when I was digging ditches with
an African American man and casually said "boy is it ever hot out here" - which was immediately taken to me calling him "boy".
He should have been more calm in that segment anyway, because he wouldn't stop interrupting out of turn.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Cotton-pickin' is one of those phrases that did not have its origins in racism - but for many, it's still racist anyway.
I grew up hearing Bug Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn saying it often, usually in conjunction with "minute"
as in "now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute".

I watched that segment, and saw his reaction the moment it left his mouth - kind of like when I was digging ditches with
an African American man and casually said "boy is it ever hot out here" - which was immediately taken to me calling him "boy".
He should have been more calm in that segment anyway, because he wouldn't stop interrupting out of turn.

SJW’s will have a new word, thing, event, person, historical event....next week. Someone one needs to make a list.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
My bestie and I actually had a argument over that last night, she told me it was racist and I told her, that her shanty Irish ass was wrong.
She stompy footed to the bedroom and I had hours of uninterrupted free time.
:dingding:
I won...

lol@shanty Irish ass

gemma_rae

Holy Kurt Schmoke!

Capture.PNG

Own every one?

SamSpade

SJW’s will have a new word, thing, event, person, historical event....next week. Someone one needs to make a list.

What I always had a hard time with was - knowing if a word or phrase was going to be taken as racist even if the thought of being racist never entered my mind.
Like in my earlier post, using the word "boy" as in "oh boy" - a kind of expletive. Boy are you ever in trouble. Until that moment it had never occurred to me.
In high school, I had gone to Disney world and found a Confederate hat in their tri-corner hat store, so I bought one. Oddly enough, the only person I'd ever
seen wearing one was "Nipper" from Wee Pals. Some guy I'd never met before came at me in the hallway and asked me if that was a hat worn
by people who hate blacks (he was black). I said I never thought about it before. I just liked the hat.

Now - I *get* the general Christian principle that if something causes your brother to stumble - even if it isn't wrong - you shouldn't do it, out of
consideration for someone else. Paul said - I'm paraphrasing - if eating meat causes my brother to stumble, I'll give it up forever. So I get that.
But I have limits. I'm not going to stop using this word or that word that means nothing, because someone just doesn't have good sense.
I'm not going to refrain from using the term "black hole" because someone somewhere thinks it's racist.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

So is brown bag, citizen, n-i-g-g-a-r-d-l-y (I have to spell it that because even the filters on this forum won't allow it), macaca (which no one had even heard of it until George Allen used it).

People saw cotton stalks in a vase in a Pier One and got offended.

Far more vile things are coming from the left, and they don't apologize. Bossie will probably never be on Fox again.

[video=youtube;XbAhoegU_P4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbAhoegU_P4[/video]

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't care what anyone says..not giving up my second printing copy of Little Black Sambo.