Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Its beginning to look alot like Waldorf..

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    I can't remember it all. The place caught fire. Somebody ratted and 2 were charged with murder. Wish I could find old news articles on it now. I remember one of the guys charged with murder was someone I knew LONG ago. Decades ago.
    Maybe this'll help...http://forums.somd.com/threads/15093...aryland/page29

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.792492096614

The Playhouse, forgot all about that one :)
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Thanks. I thought of looking myself but figured it was such old news I'd never find anything.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Apparently my memory is fallible. I never seen those girls dancing fully naked, only topless, at Reb's. Even at Choo Choo's. Except at Choo Choo's, the girls would let you sample a bit for a good tip. Ahhh the good 'ol days.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

And then there were the Pagans as well. Those two did not get along too well, especially, at times, in the dance area. There was a kerfuffle with the Phantoms at the time, and they appear to have good relations with the owner, especially since he was also a bondsman. Of course there is the unknown. Maybe a bond was called? The owner did also have bounty hunters at his employ. However, if it was the Phantoms, for some kind of slight or retribution, I wouldn't put it past them for exacting that payment.
    A few blocks down the street from where I grew up at, a 1% Pagan lived. His daughter was two years behind me and his son was a year behind. His last name was Knighton, we called him Mr Knighton. It was always fun to hang around the Knightons home if 2 or 3 of the brotherhood was there, when more showed up it was time to leave. A few years later a friend shot and killed a Pagan over in Chantilly, over a stupid traffic incident. A few members of the club stood up in court and made death threats to my friend. It was a tough few years for my friend.
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    A few blocks down the street from where I grew up at, a 1% Pagan lived. His daughter was two years behind me and his son was a year behind. His last name was Knighton, we called him Mr Knighton. It was always fun to hang around the Knightons home if 2 or 3 of the brotherhood was there, when more showed up it was time to leave. A few years later a friend shot and killed a Pagan over in Chantilly, over a stupid traffic incident. A few members of the club stood up in court and made death threats to my friend. It was a tough few years for my friend.
    Family of one of my best friends growing up owned a bar/nightclub operation in central Howard County that would be jammed the two nights they were open...and it was a favorite of the Pagans. There were at least two murders outside the bar that was attributed to them, and more brawls than I could count.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Except at Choo Choo's, the girls would let you sample a bit for a good tip. Ahhh the good 'ol days.
    I'd heard that rumor... ;-p
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    Y'all wanted the box stores, the SuperWalmarts, the chain restaurants....celebrated them opening right here in these forums. Well, you got what you asked for. And everything that goes with it, including the vagrants, the robberies and the rampant drug use and the traffic. I had a college professor who used to scoff when people said progress was inevitable - he'd always say "Progress towards what?"
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    If I may ...

Apparently my memory is fallible. I never seen those girls dancing fully naked, only topless, at Reb's. Even at Choo Choo's. Except at Choo Choo's, the girls would let you sample a bit for a good tip. Ahhh the good 'ol days.
    When we moved to the 'Dorf in the mid 80's, the other side of Choo Choo's was a pizza place. My husband went there to pick up our order with our 5 year old son. My son peered into the glass door of Choo Choo's and yelled "DAD!! LOOK!!" My husband turned 2 shades of red, until he realized my son was pointing out a couple of video game machines that were visible from the door.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post
    When we moved to the 'Dorf in the mid 80's, the other side of Choo Choo's was a pizza place. My husband went there to pick up our order with our 5 year old son. My son peered into the glass door of Choo Choo's and yelled "DAD!! LOOK!!" My husband turned 2 shades of red, until he realized my son was pointing out a couple of video game machines that were visible from the door.
    Thought he had seared his eyeballs and etched into that young mind the glorious near naked body of a voluptuous young woman, I bet? And on the other side is still that pizza place ... Pizza Hut.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

the glorious near naked body of a voluptuous young woman, I bet?

And on the other side is still that pizza place ... Pizza Hut.
    There was a different one in the same building as Choo Choo's back when.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Members who have read this thread: 122