Gutter repair

mamaof1

Any suggestions for companies that do gutter repairs (or those to steer clear from). Needs to be reinstalled.

Thanks

JustACitizen

Boone’s Roofing outta White Plains takes good care of me.

They are in the roofing business, of course, but have always do smallish repair jobs for me.

RodRugg

Do NOT call Dougie's Downspouts. They will NOT fix your gutters. They ONLY do downspouts NOT gutters. My grandma found this out the hard way. This hawk and squirrel family got into a battle on her roof and nearly ripped the gutters right off. She called Dougie's Downspouts and talked to the owner who is not Dougie but Gunther. He said he would come out and take a look and he did. He said the downspouts looked fine and my grandma asked him about the gutter hanging off and he didn't even know what it was. He said he could replace the downspouts if she wanted and maybe shake them dead animals loose from her roof so they didn't melt into the shingles. My grandma got so furious she jumped up from the deck and grabbed that hanging gutter and ripped it the rest of the way off. Then she started scraping around on the roof with it till them dead animals started falling down on the deck. Gunther just got back in his truck and drove away. My grandma said she ain't never seen somebody so stupid. She still don't have a gutter on her roof in the back and that piece of gutter she ripped off is still there. She uses it to break up fights between the hawks and squirrels and sometimes the possums. When it rains the water comes straight down off the roof so if you go in the back door you have to let your umbrella down once you get in the house. Other than that life is pretty much the same as it was before so you might think of that before spending money on gutters.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Do NOT call Dougie's Downspouts. They will NOT fix your gutters. They ONLY do downspouts NOT gutters. My grandma found this out the hard way. This hawk and squirrel family got into a battle on her roof and nearly ripped the gutters right off. She called Dougie's Downspouts and talked to the owner who is not Dougie but Gunther. He said he would come out and take a look and he did. He said the downspouts looked fine and my grandma asked him about the gutter hanging off and he didn't even know what it was. He said he could replace the downspouts if she wanted and maybe shake them dead animals loose from her roof so they didn't melt into the shingles. My grandma got so furious she jumped up from the deck and grabbed that hanging gutter and ripped it the rest of the way off. Then she started scraping around on the roof with it till them dead animals started falling down on the deck. Gunther just got back in his truck and drove away. My grandma said she ain't never seen somebody so stupid. She still don't have a gutter on her roof in the back and that piece of gutter she ripped off is still there. She uses it to break up fights between the hawks and squirrels and sometimes the possums. When it rains the water comes straight down off the roof so if you go in the back door you have to let your umbrella down once you get in the house. Other than that life is pretty much the same as it was before so you might think of that before spending money on gutters.
:lmao:

gemma_rae

Tell your Grandma she should call Ovie's Overhangs. Mine did that and now we can go clear to the end of the deck in the rain. We even got a discount because some fellow did good in a hockey game. Watch out though because that darn barn owl gets in there some times. Oh and Ovie don't own it though, it's some guy named Claude.

Tell your Grandma I said Good Luck.