Jealous vs. Hogan in the fall....

CPUSA

Mmmmmm!!!...free stuff!! This State will be back on the right path once the evil Hogan gets ousted!!....free stuff!!!

NextJen

Raisin cane
So, these are our choices. It scares me that I've seen commentary by lots of Republicans that say they won't vote again for Hogan. Mostly the reasons are that he is a RINO, doesn't support President Trump, hasn't done anything about relaxing gun control, etc.

I hope those folks come to their senses. If these are your two choices in November, I think as a Republican, you would certainly want to have Hogan over Jealous.

ginwoman

So, these are our choices. It scares me that I've seen commentary by lots of Republicans that say they won't vote again for Hogan. Mostly the reasons are that he is a RINO, doesn't support President Trump, hasn't done anything about relaxing gun control, etc.

I hope those folks come to their senses. If these are your two choices in November, I think as a Republican, you would certainly want to have Hogan over Jealous.

Hogan is one you kinda got to hold your nose and vote for....and that is what I will do

glhs837

Power with Control

He's ticked off the NRA crowd pretty hard, some of it by not endorsing NRA centric candidates. Like you, I hope they will not seek some sort of 2nd Amendment litmus test. IMO, if he just holds the line and stops further erosion of gun rights, I'll accept that as the best he can do in a blue state. Expecting him to die on that hill and leave the state to Ben Jealous seems like the height of idiocy.

SamSpade

?? Hasn't Hogan *already* set up a sort of "free community college" program?

I'd have to look it up - I remember it was free or some kind of maximum stipend or grant, but the program
really didn't have a lot of money in it, so only a small number of people would be able to go.

nutz

?? Hasn't Hogan *already* set up a sort of "free community college" program?

I'd have to look it up - I remember it was free or some kind of maximum stipend or grant, but the program
really didn't have a lot of money in it, so only a small number of people would be able to go.

yes, starts in 2019. Wish he would actually "fix" some of the other things he said he would. He's not the first politician to not do anything though.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
yes, starts in 2019. Wish he would actually "fix" some of the other things he said he would. He's not the first politician to not do anything though.

Based on the chatter among 2ndA folks, Jealous will likely be the next Gov.

glhs837

Power with Control

What are some of those things? Ther are limits to what he can do, given the willingess of the legislture to override him.

Hijinx

There are many thing s i don't like against Hogan, but I will hold my nose and vote for him.
He has done great things for Maryland compared to the tax and spend O'Malley, and IMO Jealous is O'Malley II.

We really do not have a choice and I am amazed that Ben Jealous is the best the Democrats have. Pathetic.

Rommey

I guess I don't see the problem with Hogan. Being a Republican governor in Maryland automatically means you are a centrist and not too far to the right. Besides, even if he were and tried to push a ultra conservative agenda, the beer brothers in Annapolis (Miller and Busch) would stop most, if not all of it and everything else along the way. He would be an one-term lame duck governor.

I guess I look at things he has done and not focus on the things he hasn't. There were so many things from the previous administration that got reversed and so many obsolete rules and regulations that got purged, that it had some immediate effect on citizens and businesses. Focusing on infrastructure projects that were neglected and were coming to the point needing to be addressed was a necessary step and makes traveling safer and easier in some places. It seems to me he fights the fights he has some control and a reasonable chance of success and lays off those that are automatic losers.

I'd like to know something specific that Hogan has done that make someone feel they need to hold their nose and vote for him. I don't see him that way and I doubt you could have much better choice given the makeup of the legislature.

22AcaciaAve

I guess I don't see the problem with Hogan. Being a Republican governor in Maryland automatically means you are a centrist and not too far to the right. Besides, even if he were and tried to push a ultra conservative agenda, the beer brothers in Annapolis (Miller and Busch) would stop most, if not all of it and everything else along the way. He would be an one-term lame duck governor.

I guess I look at things he has done and not focus on the things he hasn't. There were so many things from the previous administration that got reversed and so many obsolete rules and regulations that got purged, that it had some immediate effect on citizens and businesses. Focusing on infrastructure projects that were neglected and were coming to the point needing to be addressed was a necessary step and makes traveling safer and easier in some places. It seems to me he fights the fights he has some control and a reasonable chance of success and lays off those that are automatic losers.

I'd like to know something specific that Hogan has done that make someone feel they need to hold their nose and vote for him. I don't see him that way and I doubt you could have much better choice given the makeup of the legislature.

Good post. I'm not sure what republicans in this state that say they won't support Hogan are expecting. They are never getting a far right conservative. The GA is made up of enough democrats to have an ability to override a veto. Any republican has to govern from the center. Hogan eased the tax onslaught that O'Malley passed and killed some foolish spending projects like the red line. And the NRA guys who say they won't support Hogan? Think about what you will get with Jealous. Hogan may not have gone after gun legislation the way they wanted, but at least he represents a block from more extremist legislation. Look at the Jealous platform and tell me that's what you want. NRA people need to wise up and realize that their agenda is getting tougher and tougher to defend and the best they can do in a state like this is to hold the line. Good luck with that if Jealous is elected, NRA people.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hey there u
Good post. I'm not sure what republicans in this state that say they won't support Hogan are expecting. They are never getting a far right conservative. The GA is made up of enough democrats to have an ability to override a veto. Any republican has to govern from the center. Hogan eased the tax onslaught that O'Malley passed and killed some foolish spending projects like the red line. And the NRA guys who say they won't support Hogan? Think about what you will get with Jealous. Hogan may not have gone after gun legislation the way they wanted, but at least he represents a block from more extremist legislation. Look at the Jealous platform and tell me that's what you want. NRA people need to wise up and realize that their agenda is getting tougher and tougher to defend and the best they can do in a state like this is to hold the line. Good luck with that if Jealous is elected, NRA people.

Good 2nd post. Pun intended. Welcome to the forum. Hold on to your hat!! :howdy:

I like your Iron Maiden reference. Sums it up.

Last edited: