Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jealous vs. Hogan in the fall....

Jealous vs. Hogan in the fall....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...?noredirect=on

Looks like Maryland Democrats went over the to the farrrrrrr left.
    Free college, free health care....
    Supported by teachers union and labor groups......

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...626-story.html
    Last edited by Bird Dog; 06-27-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal.

Mmmmmm!!!...free stuff!! This State will be back on the right path once the evil Hogan gets ousted!!....free stuff!!!

So, these are our choices. It scares me that I've seen commentary by lots of Republicans that say they won't vote again for Hogan. Mostly the reasons are that he is a RINO, doesn't support President Trump, hasn't done anything about relaxing gun control, etc.

I hope those folks come to their senses. If these are your two choices in November, I think as a Republican, you would certainly want to have Hogan over Jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by NextJen View Post
    So, these are our choices. It scares me that I've seen commentary by lots of Republicans that say they won't vote again for Hogan. Mostly the reasons are that he is a RINO, doesn't support President Trump, hasn't done anything about relaxing gun control, etc.

I hope those folks come to their senses. If these are your two choices in November, I think as a Republican, you would certainly want to have Hogan over Jealous.
    Hogan is one you kinda got to hold your nose and vote for....and that is what I will do
    Its a shame youth is wasted on young people

Quote Originally Posted by NextJen View Post

He's ticked off the NRA crowd pretty hard, some of it by not endorsing NRA centric candidates. Like you, I hope they will not seek some sort of 2nd Amendment litmus test. IMO, if he just holds the line and stops further erosion of gun rights, I'll accept that as the best he can do in a blue state. Expecting him to die on that hill and leave the state to Ben Jealous seems like the height of idiocy.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Last edited by littlelady; 07-12-2018 at 01:34 AM.

?? Hasn't Hogan *already* set up a sort of "free community college" program?

I'd have to look it up - I remember it was free or some kind of maximum stipend or grant, but the program
    really didn't have a lot of money in it, so only a small number of people would be able to go.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    ?? Hasn't Hogan *already* set up a sort of "free community college" program?

I'd have to look it up - I remember it was free or some kind of maximum stipend or grant, but the program
    really didn't have a lot of money in it, so only a small number of people would be able to go.
    yes, starts in 2019. Wish he would actually "fix" some of the other things he said he would. He's not the first politician to not do anything though.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    yes, starts in 2019. Wish he would actually "fix" some of the other things he said he would. He's not the first politician to not do anything though.
    Based on the chatter among 2ndA folks, Jealous will likely be the next Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Based on the chatter among 2ndA folks, Jealous will likely be the next Gov.
    ....and how stupid is that
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal.

Members who have read this thread: 86