Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jealous vs. Hogan in the fall....

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    yes, starts in 2019. Wish he would actually "fix" some of the other things he said he would. He's not the first politician to not do anything though.
    What are some of those things? Ther are limits to what he can do, given the willingess of the legislture to override him.
    "I aim to misbehave."

There are many thing s i don't like against Hogan, but I will hold my nose and vote for him.
    He has done great things for Maryland compared to the tax and spend O'Malley, and IMO Jealous is O'Malley II.

We really do not have a choice and I am amazed that Ben Jealous is the best the Democrats have. Pathetic.

I guess I don't see the problem with Hogan. Being a Republican governor in Maryland automatically means you are a centrist and not too far to the right. Besides, even if he were and tried to push a ultra conservative agenda, the beer brothers in Annapolis (Miller and Busch) would stop most, if not all of it and everything else along the way. He would be an one-term lame duck governor.

I guess I look at things he has done and not focus on the things he hasn't. There were so many things from the previous administration that got reversed and so many obsolete rules and regulations that got purged, that it had some immediate effect on citizens and businesses. Focusing on infrastructure projects that were neglected and were coming to the point needing to be addressed was a necessary step and makes traveling safer and easier in some places. It seems to me he fights the fights he has some control and a reasonable chance of success and lays off those that are automatic losers.

I'd like to know something specific that Hogan has done that make someone feel they need to hold their nose and vote for him. I don't see him that way and I doubt you could have much better choice given the makeup of the legislature.
    Go back and search before you rock back that Pez dispenser of Stupid called a mouth. ~ Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Rommey View Post
    I guess I don't see the problem with Hogan. Being a Republican governor in Maryland automatically means you are a centrist and not too far to the right. Besides, even if he were and tried to push a ultra conservative agenda, the beer brothers in Annapolis (Miller and Busch) would stop most, if not all of it and everything else along the way. He would be an one-term lame duck governor.

I guess I look at things he has done and not focus on the things he hasn't. There were so many things from the previous administration that got reversed and so many obsolete rules and regulations that got purged, that it had some immediate effect on citizens and businesses. Focusing on infrastructure projects that were neglected and were coming to the point needing to be addressed was a necessary step and makes traveling safer and easier in some places. It seems to me he fights the fights he has some control and a reasonable chance of success and lays off those that are automatic losers.

I'd like to know something specific that Hogan has done that make someone feel they need to hold their nose and vote for him. I don't see him that way and I doubt you could have much better choice given the makeup of the legislature.
    Good post. I'm not sure what republicans in this state that say they won't support Hogan are expecting. They are never getting a far right conservative. The GA is made up of enough democrats to have an ability to override a veto. Any republican has to govern from the center. Hogan eased the tax onslaught that O'Malley passed and killed some foolish spending projects like the red line. And the NRA guys who say they won't support Hogan? Think about what you will get with Jealous. Hogan may not have gone after gun legislation the way they wanted, but at least he represents a block from more extremist legislation. Look at the Jealous platform and tell me that's what you want. NRA people need to wise up and realize that their agenda is getting tougher and tougher to defend and the best they can do in a state like this is to hold the line. Good luck with that if Jealous is elected, NRA people.

Hey �� there u
    Quote Originally Posted by 22AcaciaAve View Post
    Good post. I'm not sure what republicans in this state that say they won't support Hogan are expecting. They are never getting a far right conservative. The GA is made up of enough democrats to have an ability to override a veto. Any republican has to govern from the center. Hogan eased the tax onslaught that O'Malley passed and killed some foolish spending projects like the red line. And the NRA guys who say they won't support Hogan? Think about what you will get with Jealous. Hogan may not have gone after gun legislation the way they wanted, but at least he represents a block from more extremist legislation. Look at the Jealous platform and tell me that's what you want. NRA people need to wise up and realize that their agenda is getting tougher and tougher to defend and the best they can do in a state like this is to hold the line. Good luck with that if Jealous is elected, NRA people.
    Good 2nd post. Pun intended. Welcome to the forum. Hold on to your hat!!

I like your Iron Maiden reference. Sums it up.
    Last edited by littlelady; Yesterday at 03:14 AM.

I'm just not sure how you go through life introducing yourself: Hi, I'm Jealous.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

You'd go to jail for this gemma_rae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post

Dems always nominate the most rabid lefties.

Hogan is more like a moderate Dem than a republican.
    Don't f**k with me fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo. ~ Joan Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by gemma_rae View Post

Dems always nominate the most rabid lefties.

Hogan is more like a moderate Dem than a republican.
    Yes He is.

What exactly has Hogan accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    What exactly has Hogan accomplished?
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...131-story.html

Questions?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 77