France behind Niger forgery

SamSpade

Ken King said:
Seems likely, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I heard this was true way back when the original story *broke* - that it was known that the document came by way of "French" intelligence. I remember thinking, damn b*astards, they did this on purpose. And I commented on that, that the British had OTHER intel to support their claims and that the "16 words" didn't say anything about it either way, only that the British had evidence to back their claim.

That it was planted specifically to undermine US and British efforts, that's still unsubstantiated, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
appyday said:
When I was involved in my first Nigerian scam the check was drawn on a bank in OH that did not exist. It was mailed from Nigeria...the phone calls were traced to cell phones with a Bethesda number. We figured the Bethesda number was to the pick up (shipper) that got the merchandise and the left over cash from the over paid check amount..,
Do you think the French did this too?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
SamSpade said:
That it was planted specifically to undermine US and British efforts, that's still unsubstantiated, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Concur, especially when one considers all the other things the "Frogs" were doing with Iraq while sanctions were supposedly in place.

SamSpade

appyday said:
:rolleyes: Just stating fact my dear just facts

Unless I'm missing the humor, I think you're connecting two completely unrelated events; one, a well-known series of fraudulent e-mail/Internet scams that originate from "Nigeria", the other, a fraudulent document from France ABOUT "Niger", a land-locked country in the middle of the Sahara.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
SamSpade said:
Unless I'm missing the humor, I think you're connecting two completely unrelated events; one, a well-known series of fraudulent e-mail/Internet scams that originate from "Nigeria", the other, a fraudulent document from France ABOUT "Niger", a land-locked country in the middle of the Sahara.

:yeahthat: but still, :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:poorbaby: for Appyday

I thought the "French Connection" was mentioned when the story first came out? And I thought it was mentioned that the Niger documents were bogus?

I remember at the time my conspiracy theory was that the documents were altered to eradicate any evidence of who REALLY sold Saddam the yellowcake - France.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
One way or another, France is not looking to good as an ally - for any country.

If he can't win an election here in the US, maybe John Kerry can get himself nominated for the presidential ballot, next time around. The French love him, or so he says.:razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Penn said:
One way or another, France is not looking to good as an ally - for any country.
That's why I always laugh when I hear someone exclaim about "traditional friends" and "traditional enemies". Those designations can change at the drop of a hat.

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
That's why I always laugh when I hear someone exclaim about "traditional friends" and "traditional enemies". Those designations can change at the drop of a hat.

I refuse to refer to France at all as an 'ally'. They've done little to deserve that, and much to discredit it. Lately, I don't even call them 'friends' any longer - they are simply another nation not openly hostile to us.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
SamSpade said:
I refuse to refer to France at all as an 'ally'. They've done little to deserve that, and much to discredit it.
Lately, I don't even call them 'friends' any longer - they are simply another nation not openly hostile to us.
Hmmm, that raises questions in my mind; if they are not "openly" hostile to the USA, what about selling/supplying weapons and airplane/helicopter parts to Iraq, as late as last year?

What about their staunch opposition to our efforts in the UN to get resolutions passed?

How about their "bribing" other nations, in an effort to sway these same nations from joining the coalition fighting against terrorism, in Iraq?

That's pretty openly hostile, the way I see it.