Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 384

Thread: They're coming for your abortions

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    If they care about babies being killed AND they campaigned on being prolife, why wouldn’t they want to pass laws that protect those innocent lives?
    Some are.

    https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2...ds-states-2017
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  2. #282
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    13,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    You were saying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Those idiots put up silly bills that don't have the faintest change of passage on a weekly basis. What's today's... a bill to abolish ICE, if I heard correctly.

    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    You were saying?
    Exactly.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    You mean like all those Congress critters campaigned on?

    But thatís not the only way it changes. Many states have legislators and governors who ran on a prolife platform too. Any one of those states could pass a law limiting or banning abortion. If scotus chooses not to take up the case, any lower courtís decision may stand. That could result in abortion becoming illegal in that state and opening the floodgates for other states to do the same.
    Who campaigned on banning abortion?

    But, you're supporting my point; it belongs to the states to decide. And this happening has nothing to do with who is put in the SCOTUS. This is why we have elections. This is why voting matters. This is why election have consequences, which is inevitably not going to make every happy. If the people of Maryland elect a legislature that has a platform of banning abortions, that is the will of the people. If the people, later down the road, don't like abortion being banned, they can elect a government that overturns that previous law.

    That's how it's supposed to work. And I don't any sort constitutional standard that addresses this one way or the other - unless, one day the medical community can come to a consensus on that fetus being a human being, a person, from whatever point in the pregnancy, thus demanding it be considered murder.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    When I just did hospice with my father this March in Florida, my fathers hospice nurse was available on the phone for me to talk to. My father and I decided when we opened the box of drugs and when I started the liquid morphine. The amount of Morphine every two hours and shortly every hour certainly overdosed my 84-86 pound father.
    I called that box of drugs that included liquid Morphine and Fentenal a crackheads dream and my father corrected me by calling it Dr jack in a box.
    To think that hospice doesn't make folks comfortable and slide into death is silly.
    Most folks take their parents, grandparents and loved ones to the hospital or nursing home, or let hospice come to there home a few times a day and let someone they don't know administer the train leaving the station.
    My Dad died in his bedroom, in his house with his son next to him holding his hand.
    I administered the morphine from start until finish.
    The only drugs that were tracked were what was delivered to my parents home.
    My mother ended up flushing what was left, the nurse wasn't interested in stopping by and taking what was left. So no one but me knew what my father had used. After he passed I made calls to the hospice nurse and the funeral home for them to come and pick him up to be cremated. No ambulance, no doctor checked him and no coroner's office.
    My father chose when he died.

    Hardest thing I ever did, miss you Master Chief..
    I'm very sorry about your dad. I had to go through pretty much the same thing - watch my dad die. It's been 8 years and it's still painful.

    Was the hospice nurse directing you to do this? Or did you and your dad do it on your own to OD your dad? Did the hospice nurse know what you were doing?

    FL doesn't have an assisted suicide law allowing it. So, you basically committed murder. Obviously you got away with it; and I'm not suggesting you should be prosecuted for it. You honored your dad's wishes. I might have been inclined to do the same if it was my dad; but my dad didn't ask for such a thing. I'm really surprised though; because the medications and dosing are closely monitored, and would have been easy calculate what you did. There are liability lines that nurses aren't supposed to cross for obvious reasons.

    I'm not against assisted suicide. The point I was trying to make is, our legal system finds it acceptable for a mother to commit 'assisted suicide' of the unborn baby without the consent of the baby; yet that same legal system can't see it a acceptable for a grown person, being fully aware of their decisions, dying painfully of a disease to make their own decision to die. It shows the inconsistencies of our legal system that make me scratch my head.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Do you really think none of them are going to try to pass bills regarding abortion?
    I'm certain someone will introduce a bill. Isn't that how things are supposed to work? A legislator doing what they were elected to do; fulfilling the will of his/her constituents?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    This one has gone on long enough. You did a good job running up the total Midnight.
    Now we have all said what we thought , time to stop./
    Forum dictator!
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm very sorry about your dad. I had to go through pretty much the same thing - watch my dad die. It's been 8 years and it's still painful.

    Was the hospice nurse directing you to do this? Or did you and your dad do it on your own to OD your dad? Did the hospice nurse know what you were doing?

    FL doesn't have an assisted suicide law allowing it. So, you basically committed murder. Obviously you got away with it; and I'm not suggesting you should be prosecuted for it. You honored your dad's wishes. I might have been inclined to do the same if it was my dad; but my dad didn't ask for such a thing. I'm really surprised though; because the medications and dosing are closely monitored, and would have been easy calculate what you did. There are liability lines that nurses aren't supposed to cross for obvious reasons.

    I'm not against assisted suicide. The point I was trying to make is, our legal system finds it acceptable for a mother to commit 'assisted suicide' of the unborn baby without the consent of the baby; yet that same legal system can't see it a acceptable for a grown person, being fully aware of their decisions, dying painfully of a disease to make their own decision to die. It shows the inconsistencies of our legal system that make me scratch my head.
    Thank you, You need approval from Hospice to open the box of drugs that get delivered long before the end.
    The hospice nurse and I discussed when we started and what doses of morphine to give my father every two hours, shortly after (7-8 hours) I called her again and we bumped it to the same dose every hour. We didn't need to start every hour, he passed before that started. And again, his hospice nurse was well aware of what was happening with what drugs, amount of drugs and when said drugs were given to my father.

    Our legal system allows Hospice to basically end life by being made super super super comfortable. If the States thought different each person that passed under hospices care they would, once dead get sent to the coroner's office for a tox screen and a autopsy. But with hospice you bypass all of that. So in essence it's approved.

    Like I said above, most folks don't know how it works because it's tough to saddle up and be the end of life caregiver. Most folks leave that up to others to do, and with that they don't see what does and doesn't happen..
    Spouses, children, brothers, sister's all vaporize when it's time to start Hospice.
    Hardest thing I ever did..

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm certain someone will introduce a bill. Isn't that how things are supposed to work? A legislator doing what they were elected to do; fulfilling the will of his/her constituents?
    Not allowed once the courts legislate what they are allowed to do.

  10. #290
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    13,127
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm certain someone will introduce a bill. Isn't that how things are supposed to work? A legislator doing what they were elected to do; fulfilling the will of his/her constituents?
    So they are coming for your abortions.....

    Iím not the one who has been claiming that Ďnobody is going to outlaw abortioní. I fully understand that we are likely to see bills and laws in various states and possibly introduced in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Who campaigned on banning abortion?

    But, you're supporting my point; it belongs to the states to decide. And this happening has nothing to do with who is put in the SCOTUS. This is why we have elections. This is why voting matters. This is why election have consequences, which is inevitably not going to make every happy. If the people of Maryland elect a legislature that has a platform of banning abortions, that is the will of the people. If the people, later down the road, don't like abortion being banned, they can elect a government that overturns that previous law.

    That's how it's supposed to work. And I don't any sort constitutional standard that addresses this one way or the other - unless, one day the medical community can come to a consensus on that fetus being a human being, a person, from whatever point in the pregnancy, thus demanding it be considered murder.
    It has everything to do with scotus. A liberal court would likely rule one way and a conservative court another.
    And that is the way it works, which is why your OP was so ridiculous. Elections do have consequences, and so do legislative actions.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Members who have read this thread: 85

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |