Ryan Broyles - NFL financial success

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I always give these pro athletes a hard time with all their shenanigans. So I proudly display this guy as someone with their eye on the ball. His entire NFL career was only 21 games played. Smart move on his part. Pay attention Riddick Bowe.

Ryan Broyles, meanwhile, had been looking for another opportunity.

Broyles worked hard rehabbing from injuries his entire time with the Detroit Lions. He knew how to make his money last, living on $60,000 per year during his career so he could have funds after football.

This has been post-football life for Broyles -- who left Oklahoma as the FBS' all-time leader in receptions (349, a mark that since has been broken) -- following an NFL career that began as a 2012 second-round pick by the Lions.
Football never worked out, with injuries continually derailing Broyles' chances to be consistently productive. He was released during the 2015 preseason.

“When you get some money, you’ve got to put it somewhere,” Broyles said. “So 2012, the first time I bought a house, even when I was in the league, I was buying property. But I never thought that I would own a property-management company.

“When you get some money, you’ve got to put it somewhere,” Broyles said. “So 2012, the first time I bought a house, even when I was in the league, I was buying property. But I never thought that I would own a property-management company.

save some money for your future

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Hey...wonderful...great...news from 2015...how up to date and informative

This is from today's ESPN website. Can't you just be happy for the guy who did something with his NFL pay instead of throwing it all away like a lot of his teammates end up doing?