Deviled Eggs

luvmygdaughters

I put Dukes mayo, dijon mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, Old Bay (just a dash) and horseradish in my deviled eggs. I always get compliments on them, but, I'd like to do something a little different...what do you put in yours?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always put crumbled bacon in mine, with mayo, a tiny bit of yellow mustard, salt, and pepper. I love deviled eggs, most anyone's recipe. :yay:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Your recipe sounds very interesting! I'll have to try throwing a little bit of horseradish sauce in mine next time.

I usually go with Mayo, spicy brown mustard, and a little bit of sweet pickle juice (bread and butter pickles). Then I cut up a few pickle slices and add a sliver of the pickle on top of the egg for garnish, along with a slight dusting of paprika.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I put Dukes mayo, dijon mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, Old Bay (just a dash) and horseradish in my deviled eggs. I always get compliments on them, but, I'd like to do something a little different...what do you put in yours?

Dill (not sweet) pickle relish. Mayo, country dijon mustard, dill pickle relish, fresh cracked pepper. Sprinkled assembled eggs with Old Bay. Sometimes I add some chopped cooked bacon and a couple of dashes of Tabasco sauce or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Your recipe sounds very interesting! I'll have to try throwing a little bit of horseradish sauce in mine next time.

I usually go with Mayo, spicy brown mustard, and a little bit of sweet pickle juice (bread and butter pickles). Then I cut up a few pickle slices and add a sliver of the pickle on top of the egg for garnish, along with a slight dusting of paprika.

Do you deliver?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I put relish in mine, which I sometimes do, I use Wickles relish because I like that heat.

Now I need to make deviled eggs for tonight's dinner.

luvmygdaughters

If I put relish in mine, which I sometimes do, I use Wickles relish because I like that heat.

Now I need to make deviled eggs for tonight's dinner.

The other 1/2's birthday is Sunday, he wants steamed crabs for lunch and bbq chicken, with potato salad and deviled eggs for dinner. I'd like to make them ahead of time, but he'd polish them off before Sunday!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
For a slightly different flavor, mix some curry powder in the mayo before mixing it all together.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Every time I try to hard boil eggs, they end up looking like something out of a horror movie. Peeling them, the shells never come "off" and they end up looking like something massacred them (ME!). It is ok if I am chopping them for potato or macaroni salad but you will never see me bringing deviled eggs to a gathering because they won't look appetizing!
I have tried so many different methods of boiling them with different times, have added vinegar to the water etc etc and just never get them right. I have seen recipes for baking them in the oven; does that work?
Please advise and share your success stories with eggs. I feel like such a failure :bawl: