Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lowe's in California

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    Lowes in Norfolk had an air compressor listed for $125.70 It was a Dewalt that I knew was listed in other stores for $609.00. I ordered it. They charged my account (a hold) and I received an email that they were fulfilling my order. Two days later they told me it was a discontinued item and no longer available but they had a comparable unit for $660 and change. Interestingly the same unit is available at a number of stores at the $608.00 price. It is still listed on the Lowes Norfolk website at $125.70 (see link below). I wrote them and got the typical corporate form letter reply. I went to HD and bought my compressor, a new front door and a new garage door and am planning a kitchen remodel. I won't be shopping at Lowes anymore.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-30-G...essor/50410022
    $658.22
    “Lead paint chips: they're not just for breakfast anymore.” - Board Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    Construction crews must send the newest arrival to the US on errands. I had an hispanic "gentleman" asking to use the restroom the other day. He had to ask myself and a coworker at least 10 times, before we could understand what he was asking. Something as important as that, would be the first English "I" would learn. He was saying something like "rah bahm". At least they could learn to say ####ter. SMDH
    It's a safe bet to assume that if they're asking you for something, they're asking you for the bathroom. Or your sister.

So when they are making inquiry, ask them the following: Donde esta el bano?

Pronounce: Don-day eh-stah el bon-yo? The o in Don is a long o. Sort of.

You racist bastard, you. Expecting people coming to live in this country to speak English. The very idea.

They were bad and then they got good, a new manager and they hired employees.
    Now it seems like they've back slid. Still not as bad as it was, it's just harder to find help in the aisles.
    Probably need to hire more people could either be the business can't support it or they can't get the people.

You out to put that on Twitter @Lowes and see if they reply.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    Now it seems like they've back slid. Still not as bad as it was, it's just harder to find help in the aisles.
    Probably need to hire more people could either be the business can't support it or they can't get the people.

Hard to find help? I can't get them to leave me alone.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Nice trick, since Lowe's has never had blue aprons.

...and hasn't had display tubs with water since the Legionnaire's Disease scare over 30 years ago.
    Hmm..mebbe it was Home Depot? ;-)
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post

Scheduling has been a bugaboo for quite a while, as has having enough qualified folks to be on the floor helping customers.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Hmm..mebbe it was Home Depot? ;-)
    Orange there, THOUGH, Lowe's did have a Blue Vest program for a couple of years to make management easier for customers to find.

I'd like to see the customers agitate for the reinstatement of that program.
    The managers did not like it, made them easier targets for customers with valid complaints.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Hard to find help? I can't get them to leave me alone.
    Stud.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    After 3 months 24/7 in Montgomery County and not knowing Spanish, Lowe's of California is like Heaven.
    That is the honest truth. The only reason we moved from Calvert to Montgomery was for love of family. Montgomery County is like living in a foreign country. I, actually, can speak Spanish after all those years of learning it in school. It is all the other languages I hear that hurt my ears. You do what you have to do. And, yes, if one is privileged to live here, learn English. Period.
    God bless, America.
    Last edited by littlelady; 07-01-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Some of my co-workers at Lowe's are very special.

Call ahead next time and ask for Steven in Hardware.
    If I'm there, I'll try to see that things go better.
    Steven has always been very helpful when I have been unsure of what to get! He is an asset to Lowes!
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Members who have read this thread: 123