Sad news.

Foxhound

Finishing last
I was contacted Friday by Skillet Girl. I am sorry to announce that BCP a long time friend and one time prolific poster here at SOMD passed away that morning. Today I confirmed from Skillet Girl that her and Pan Lady gave their permission me announcing some details. A final determination has not been made but the firm belief was that it was of a heart attack. Services will be held on Thursday July 5th, at 3 pm, at Kalas funeral home in Edgewater.

I first met him at a mutual work place years ago. He showed me some of his old stomping grounds in Virginia beach and Outer banks. Was an avid boater, shooter and general outdoorsman. We biked the C&O canal together. Him and his family weathered a hurricane out at my house and we drove through the storm to bring his parents a generator. He was a generous man, and I will miss him.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:bawl:

This was really was a shock to hear, although we hadn't seen them in a while. We are about the same age. :ohwell:

Bcp definitely had a way about him, that's for sure! :jet: I loved his postings in the Politics Forum where there was alway sure to be a raised eyebrow, a line crossed or a ticket pushed a bit far. :eyebrow: He was at the first meet & greet started by GURPS - where about 8-10 of us met at The Ruddy Duck (which is also how I met Foxhound). That was an introduction, to be sure. :lmao:

We had a lot of GREAT meet & greets - where we also got to meet PanLady & Skillet Girl. Since BCP & FH were friends from "way back" he knew Skillet Girl when she was a newborn. and not many people know this, but FH was Skillet Girl's "first luv". She gave me the stink eye a few times when she first met me. :wink:

Take advantage of the day you're in and make the most of it - you just never know when it will be your last. RIP, Bcp.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I was contacted Friday by Skillet Girl. I am sorry to announce that BCP a long time friend and one time prolific poster here at SOMD passed away that morning. Today I confirmed from Skillet Girl that her and Pan Lady gave their permission me announcing some details. A final determination has not been made but the firm belief was that it was of a heart attack. Services will be held on Thursday July 5th, at 3 pm, at Kalas funeral home in Edgewater.

I first met him at a mutual work place years ago. He showed me some of his old stomping grounds in Virginia beach and Outer banks. Was an avid boater, shooter and general outdoorsman. We biked the C&O canal together. Him and his family weathered a hurricane out at my house and we drove through the storm to bring his parents a generator. He was a generous man, and I will miss him.

So sorry :huggy:

frequentflier

happy to be living
:bawl:

This was really was a shock to hear, although we hadn't seen them in a while. We are about the same age. :ohwell:

Bcp definitely had a way about him, that's for sure! :jet: I loved his postings in the Politics Forum where there was alway sure to be a raised eyebrow, a line crossed or a ticket pushed a bit far. :eyebrow: He was at the first meet & greet started by GURPS - where about 8-10 of us met at The Ruddy Duck (which is also how I met Foxhound). That was an introduction, to be sure. :lmao:

We had a lot of GREAT meet & greets - where we also got to meet PanLady & Skillet Girl. Since BCP & FH were friends from "way back" he knew Skillet Girl when she was a newborn. and not many people know this, but FH was Skillet Girl's "first luv". She gave me the stink eye a few times when she first met me. :wink:

Take advantage of the day you're in and make the most of it - you just never know when it will be your last. RIP, Bcp.

I remember that night :huggy:
He was very unique and had a wicked sense of humor.
RIP, Bruce.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
FH,
Thank you for letting us know.
Please pass on my condolences to his family.
RIP BCP.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Very sad. Met him, Pan Lady, and Skillet Girl over at Vrai's once or twice. Rest In Peace, bcp.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
He was one of those people who defined this place. Every week of so I'd wonder if he was going to pop in and say hello. This place is going to be a little less knowing that he's never going to be back.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
He was one of those people who defined this place. Every week of so I'd wonder if he was going to pop in and say hello. This place is going to be a little less knowing that he's never going to be back.

^^This^^

It was always good to see him pop back in. His posts were always entertaining. RIP...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BCP was my favorite love/hate relationship. He'd piss me off, then make me laugh, and I liked him very much when I didn't want to choke him out. He was a good example of two people being able to separate forum arguing from real life friendship.

I used to love how he'd play "gotcha" with the race baiters. Leave a trail of crumbs that they would ravenously follow....and fall right into his trap. Clever man, that BCP.

Miss you, buddy.

So sorry to hear.
I would very much like to attend the services, but I will be unable to make it. FH, please pass my condolences to the family.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Agree with all the remembrances here of Bruce. He was quite a unique and nice person, and his sense of humor was a stand out. In fact, his wife and daughter were just like him. Very fun and nice family. I am glad I and hub got to meet them. He was already missed here, but now it is final. Rest In Peace, my friend.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Although I never met him, nor his family, I am sorry to hear this. My condolences to all.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
BCP was my favorite love/hate relationship. He'd piss me off, then make me laugh, and I liked him very much when I didn't want to choke him out. He was a good example of two people being able to separate forum arguing from real life friendship.

I used to love how he'd play "gotcha" with the race baiters. Leave a trail of crumbs that they would ravenously follow....and fall right into his trap. Clever man, that BCP.

Miss you, buddy.

Epic. :lol: