Thread: The Curse of Oak Island

The Curse of Oak Island

https://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

Anyone else watching this? I binged it this weekend on Hulu and I’m into the second season.

What do you think? I have some theories of what’s in the money pit but whatever it is I’m hooked…
    “Lose with the effort of a champion” - Rich Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    https://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

Anyone else watching this? I binged it this weekend on Hulu and I’m into the second season.

What do you think? I have some theories of what’s in the money pit but whatever it is I’m hooked…
    My guy watches it. I am convinced they will never find a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I have been interested in Oak Island since childhood and have read numerous books and articles. I believe something is there (or was) but the series is like a soap opera to me. Each episode closes with a teaser to get you to watch the next one. Also they over present each item they find. A piece of aqua glass is not indicative of treasure, it is indicative that somebody was there once. There are internet rumors that there are planted finds but they are just rumors as far as I know. If you enjoy the series as entertainment watch away but I have my doubts they will ever solve the mystery.
    I demand rights for left-handed people!

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    They’re finding coins and they drilled into the “vault” at about 140’ on the last episode I watched. It’s hard for me to imagine someone went to all that effort to hide something and nothing’s there. I mean the traps alone are engineering marvels and all the cryptic codes are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    I have been interested in Oak Island since childhood and have read numerous books and articles. I believe something is there (or was) but the series is like a soap opera to me. Each episode closes with a teaser to get you to watch the next one. Also they over present each item they find. A piece of aqua glass is not indicative of treasure, it is indicative that somebody was there once. There are internet rumors that there are planted finds but they are just rumors as far as I know. If you enjoy the series as entertainment watch away but I have my doubts they will ever solve the mystery.
    What do you think is there? I thought last night, what could be so important for someone to go to all that work to hide? The Ark of the covenant? The body of Jesus? (I don’t believe that one). Some guy in like 1950 excavated a 150’ square foot section digging 140’ down but had to quit when it collapsed. He didn’t find squat. Was it the Spanish? Freemasons? Aliens? I have to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    They’re finding coins and they drilled into the “vault” at about 140’ on the last episode I watched. It’s hard for me to imagine someone went to all that effort to hide something and nothing’s there. I mean the traps alone are engineering marvels and all the cryptic codes are crazy.
    I agree that it is an engineering marvel, but it's the same crap, every episode. Personally, I tire of it easily, but I just tune out and look at FB or something else when he watches it.
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar

Season 6 is coming up. The cross found on the beach and the human bones found in the pit seem interesting. Have heard that Giorgio Tsoukalos (Ancient Aliens) might be getting involved.

I agree that it is an engineering marvel, but it's the same crap, every episode. Personally, I tire of it easily, but I just tune out and look at FB or something else when he watches it.
    It's thirty years later and it is the new Al Capone's Vault with the ongoing drama of
    Days of our Lives.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    It's thirty years later and it is the new Al Capone's Vault with the ongoing drama of
    Days of our Lives.

That was an epic fail! I was still in California at the time and watched it. Then I called my sis and mom in MD to tell them not to bother with it.

If I was working to find the treasure on Oak Island, I’d wear a shirt every day that read #7.

Members who have read this thread: 32