Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electrician needed

Electrician needed

We are getting a new air conditioner/heatpump installed and need the breaker swapped out for a 25 amp double pole. Any recommendations?

Jay Dameron Electric
    https://www.manta.com/c/mmf4rhg/dame...cal-contractor
    Worked with him for over 20 years on numerous projects small to large. Very good guy to work with.

We've always used JEM electric. Martin is the owner. fast response and reasonable charges. 301-866-9155

'NORTHERN BORN-SOUTHERN BRED'

"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver, the other gold."

It takes a friend to be a friend.

My grandma HATES robots, computers, etc., but when she saw a commercial for HotPockets she prayed a long time about it and decided to get a microwave oven. At first, things went pretty good and she fixed HotPockets everyday for about 6 months. Then my uncle Stanley tried to boil water in there for his frostbite and he used a metal pot and that microwave started sparking and zapping stuff up and making horrible noises. Eventually that microwave just zapped out and my grandma's fuse box started smoking and glowing red. Anyways my grandma was furious and she knew that she did the wrong thing to get that microwave because cooking with waves and not fire is of the devil. She called Whisper Simms Electrical and told the guy what happened and he came and installed a whole new box with switches instead of fuses and replaced some of the wires that got melted. He said it was real easy to do damage with a microwave because they weren't originally made for cooking but for killing Germans in World War 2. My grandma said she knew it was the work of the devil and now she only makes HotPockets once or twice a week over the trash barrel out back.

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    My grandma said she knew it was the work of the devil and now she only makes HotPockets once or twice a week over the trash barrel out back.
    Yumm....
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    My grandma HATES robots, computers, etc., but when she saw a commercial for HotPockets she prayed a long time about it and decided to get a microwave oven. At first, things went pretty good and she fixed HotPockets everyday for about 6 months. Then my uncle Stanley tried to boil water in there for his frostbite and he used a metal pot and that microwave started sparking and zapping stuff up and making horrible noises. Eventually that microwave just zapped out and my grandma's fuse box started smoking and glowing red. Anyways my grandma was furious and she knew that she did the wrong thing to get that microwave because cooking with waves and not fire is of the devil. She called Whisper Simms Electrical and told the guy what happened and he came and installed a whole new box with switches instead of fuses and replaced some of the wires that got melted. He said it was real easy to do damage with a microwave because they weren't originally made for cooking but for killing Germans in World War 2. My grandma said she knew it was the work of the devil and now she only makes HotPockets once or twice a week over the trash barrel out back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Is the wire that is already in-place adequate for an upsized breaker (assume you're going larger rather than smaller)? Generally, if a breaker is in place, the wire is sized for the breaker and load. Increasing the breaker size and not the wire may lead to problems.

Anyway, simply replacing a breaker is a 5 minute job for anyone that has done them. No friends or family nearby that can handle it?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Why doesnt the HVAC contractor bring in his licensed sparkchaser to have this done the right way ?

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Why doesnt the HVAC contractor bring in his licensed sparkchaser to have this done the right way ?
    That is what I was wondering.

And, Rod Rugg is hilarious. He was before my time, here. He is a hoot! I am glad he came back. Too funny! Thanks, Rod!
    Last edited by littlelady; 07-03-2018 at 01:03 AM.

When we got the quote the hvac guy said we needed it done and that we had to get an electrician in. He didn't offer anyone from his company.

Members who have read this thread: 70