Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrician needed

It's an incredibly simple job if you feel up to the task. Watch a YouTube video, get a breaker, turn off main, connect wire to breaker, snap on the breaker to the panel, turn on main. Done (maybe have to reset a few clocks).

As long as you have #12 wire, you're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

I asked my grandma last night and she said yes that's exactly what happened and it got fixed by Whisper Simms Electrical. She said the guy's name was Ben and she could barely hear a word he said on the phone but then when he got to the house his voice was so loud the neighbor came over to make sure everything was ok. She said he talked a lot too, the whole time he was there, and he used his hands to talk a lot too and tools and wires and stuff were constantly flying around while he was talking and his voice was like bull horn full of time bombs. She said he was always loud but some words like "FOOT" and "POTHOLDER" and "FOOTLOOSE" and "THE" he said much louder than others almost like it hurt real bad to say them. She hated it the whole time he was there and she said she almost killed him once when he kept hitting the counter with a screwdriver while he was describing how the first space monkey nearly burned up on reentry and once when he was talking about how his cousin was an extra in that movie Footloose. My grandma didn't sleep for three days after he left but she was real glad she got her electrical fixed. She says that one day she will call him to come put an outlet in her bedroom so she don't have to go all the way out to the garage to sharpen her knitting needles.

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    I asked my grandma last night and she said yes that's exactly what happened and it got fixed by Whisper Simms Electrical. She said the guy's name was Ben and she could barely hear a word he said on the phone but then when he got to the house his voice was so loud the neighbor came over to make sure everything was ok. She said he talked a lot too, the whole time he was there, and he used his hands to talk a lot too and tools and wires and stuff were constantly flying around while he was talking and his voice was like bull horn full of time bombs. She said he was always loud but some words like "FOOT" and "POTHOLDER" and "FOOTLOOSE" and "THE" he said much louder than others almost like it hurt real bad to say them. She hated it the whole time he was there and she said she almost killed him once when he kept hitting the counter with a screwdriver while he was describing how the first space monkey nearly burned up on reentry and once when he was talking about how his cousin was an extra in that movie Footloose. My grandma didn't sleep for three days after he left but she was real glad she got her electrical fixed. She says that one day she will call him to come put an outlet in her bedroom so she don't have to go all the way out to the garage to sharpen her knitting needles.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Get an electrician, 25 amp breakers needs 10 awg wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    It's an incredibly simple job if you feel up to the task. Watch a YouTube video, get a breaker, turn off main, connect wire to breaker, snap on the breaker to the panel, turn on main. Done (maybe have to reset a few clocks).

As long as you have #12 wire, you're fine.
    I believe it should be 10 ga with a 25 amp breaker
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Get an electrician, 25 amp breakers needs 10 awg wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I believe it should be 10 ga with a 25 amp breaker
    ...which is why I talked about undersized wiring in an earlier post. Just swapping a breaker without sizing the wire is a bad idea.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    ...which is why I talked about undersized wiring in an earlier post. Just swapping a breaker without sizing the wire is a bad idea.
    Yep,.
    No one cares.

Members who have read this thread: 70