Stone's Barber Shop Closed

stgislander

PREMO Member
:cds: Nothing like coming home from travel and discovering that the barber shop you've used since they opened eight years ago is closed.

I wonder if there are enough emojis to express my feelings about having to find a new barber. :frown: :mad: :burning: :tantrum :cussing: :banghead:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
:cds: Nothing like coming home from travel and discovering that the barber shop you've used since they opened eight years ago is closed.

I wonder if there are enough emojis to express my feelings about having to find a new barber. :frown: :mad: :burning: :tantrum :cussing: :banghead:

Hopefully, just closed for the day?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That sucks.
It was nice to stop in there on my way home from work.

They were always busy.
Any reason why they closed?

She said there were many reasons. Unable to get help being number one. People didn't want to wait. Increased rent, increased competition with lower prices and her health. She did not elaborate on that.
I think she just got burned out. It happens.

stgislander

PREMO Member
She said there were many reasons. Unable to get help being number one. People didn't want to wait. Increased rent, increased competition with lower prices and her health. She did not elaborate on that.
I think she just got burned out. It happens.

I knew that the rent and getting help was an issue. I can't imagine anyone having lower prices though.

black dog

Free America
I went Sport Clips along with my son exactly once, when the barber was done with us she told me it was 52 bucks.. For 52 bucks each she should have at least set one of her boobs on our shoulders a few times during each cut.

RodRugg

Before my uncle Stanley lost part of his scalp he used to get his hair cut by this guy in Loveville. He was an expert and could do all of the major haircuts Lob, Half-Lob, Bang-Bang, Crew, Buzz, Ducktail, High Fade, Scalpel. One time he even cutted the hair of the roadies for a band that met Johnny Cash. Anyways he has a big sign out front with the cuts he does and the prices and the signatures of all the roadies with nice sayings like "Great Haircut!" and "Best Haircut Around I Imagine!" and "Thanks Again!" He is closed on Sundays and Mondays and any days when the weather is bad because he does all his haircuts out in his driveway to avoid having to clean up the mess. One time when my uncle was there he even cutted some guy's hair while he was still in his car because he was in such a hurry to see some kid get baptized. He's real good and he used to do free haircuts when the weather was bad just to get some extra practice. If there's a thing of famous barbers then he's probably on it at least for Southern Maryland.

black dog

Free America

Hair is highly overrated by only those that are follicly challenged.
Just sayin'

baldmanscomb.jpg