Target/Lowes shopping center traffic

CRHS89

This has to be the most poorly designed shopping center ever. Now that the Burger King is closed (I think there was a fire there a few days ago)and their parking lot can't be used as a cut through, it is even worse. Lowe's has closed their side parking lot to loading and unloading traffic only so that leaves your choices to get from one side to the other as driving behind the stores (is that "allowed"?) or taking the long way, going out to FDR Blvd and coming back in. It also seems more people are coming through the road separating the 2 sides since Route 4 is hosed up. What a mess.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This has to be the most poorly designed shopping center ever. Now that the Burger King is closed (I think there was a fire there a few days ago)and their parking lot can't be used as a cut through, it is even worse. Lowe's has closed their side parking lot to loading and unloading traffic only so that leaves your choices to get from one side to the other as driving behind the stores (is that "allowed"?) or taking the long way, going out to FDR Blvd and coming back in. It also seems more people are coming through the road separating the 2 sides since Route 4 is hosed up. What a mess.

Since I started working at that Lowe's the end of December 2012, have been cursing TPTB for not allowing professional developers to lay things out.
Good traffic flow for the population, along with taking into account population growth, is a key item on the agenda, which seems to have been missed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You have to wonder what a lot of these parking lot designers were thinking when they laid these things out.

BernieP

Resident PIA
They weren't. That's the problem.

Like Wildewood or San Souci or Millicent Plaza are better? :lmao

I particularly like the left turn coming out of the Lowes side where you have to peak around the bend in the road. Who puts a curve in the road at an intersection (see Wildewood).
Then they plant vegetation to further obscure sight lines

So if Burger King has closed their lot (on the back side) that forces you to make the left from the upper (blind) intersection and blocks any one coming from the direction of FDR from going left.

ginwoman

I hate when businesses put bushes or signs up at intersections. Don't they have to drive in and out and see the safety issue? MCKAYS on Hollywood Road has bushes planted right at eye level when you are trying to pull out. I told a manager one time over a year ago and she says yeah they have been talking about cutting those bushes. :strangle: