Thread: Target/Lowes shopping center traffic

Target/Lowes shopping center traffic

This has to be the most poorly designed shopping center ever. Now that the Burger King is closed (I think there was a fire there a few days ago)and their parking lot can't be used as a cut through, it is even worse. Lowe's has closed their side parking lot to loading and unloading traffic only so that leaves your choices to get from one side to the other as driving behind the stores (is that "allowed"?) or taking the long way, going out to FDR Blvd and coming back in. It also seems more people are coming through the road separating the 2 sides since Route 4 is hosed up. What a mess.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRHS89 View Post
    This has to be the most poorly designed shopping center ever. Now that the Burger King is closed (I think there was a fire there a few days ago)and their parking lot can't be used as a cut through, it is even worse. Lowe's has closed their side parking lot to loading and unloading traffic only so that leaves your choices to get from one side to the other as driving behind the stores (is that "allowed"?) or taking the long way, going out to FDR Blvd and coming back in. It also seems more people are coming through the road separating the 2 sides since Route 4 is hosed up. What a mess.
    Since I started working at that Lowe's the end of December 2012, have been cursing TPTB for not allowing professional developers to lay things out.
    Good traffic flow for the population, along with taking into account population growth, is a key item on the agenda, which seems to have been missed.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Yeah, it was bad before, given that, it's easier to just come and go from Rt 4.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    You have to wonder what a lot of these parking lot designers were thinking when they laid these things out.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    You have to wonder what a lot of these parking lot designers were thinking when they laid these things out.
    They weren't. That's the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    They weren't. That's the problem.
    Like Wildewood or San Souci or Millicent Plaza are better? :lmao

I particularly like the left turn coming out of the Lowes side where you have to peak around the bend in the road. Who puts a curve in the road at an intersection (see Wildewood).
    Then they plant vegetation to further obscure sight lines

So if Burger King has closed their lot (on the back side) that forces you to make the left from the upper (blind) intersection and blocks any one coming from the direction of FDR from going left.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

I hate when businesses put bushes or signs up at intersections. Don't they have to drive in and out and see the safety issue? MCKAYS on Hollywood Road has bushes planted right at eye level when you are trying to pull out. I told a manager one time over a year ago and she says yeah they have been talking about cutting those bushes.
    Its a shame youth is wasted on young people

Members who have read this thread: 75