Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #walkaway

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    You are of course aware that folks are leaving the Republican Party as well...or do you just dismiss that just like you dismiss everything else that points to the destruction of the GOP under Trump?
    #1, you have TDS. Get help.

#2, how many times have I mentioned on here that *I* left the Republican Party when they nominated John McCain as their POTUS contender in 2008? Dozens? The exodus from the GOP didn't begin with Trump. Again, get help.

And hey, Trans? You might want to start paying attention to what's going on. See Bann's comment below:

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Republicans have been leaving for years - and forming other groups like the Tea Party.
    Last edited by vraiblonde; 07-04-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    People are leaving the Republican party because the Republican party doesn't fight hard enough against the Democrat party.
    My sense is that people are sick of Party this and Party that. Blah blah blah, my Party is better than your Party! If you think the Republicans are better than the Democrats, you're part of the establishment that the rest of us are getting sick of.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    My sense is that people are sick of Party this and Party that. Blah blah blah, my Party is better than your Party! If you think the Republicans are better than the Democrats, you're part of the establishment that the rest of us are getting sick of.
    This is why the number of the regular voters not affiliated with a party exceeds that of either of the major parties.

I used to think that being able to vote in the primaries gave me some say in the party, but it's pretty obvious I have none anymore.
    As such, there's really no point to register with a party.

I'd register with a third party but none of them actually want to win - so why give them my support?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Blog Entries
    has over 62,000 members...
    Just looked and as of a few minutes ago there are 65,873 members. That is over 3,000 new members in the last few hours.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    This is why the number of the regular voters not affiliated with a party exceeds that of either of the major parties.

I used to think that being able to vote in the primaries gave me some say in the party, but it's pretty obvious I have none anymore.

I'd register with a third party but none of them actually want to win - so why give them my support?
    Look for there to be a big push to get rid of the Big Two exclusivity. I'd like to see that in my lifetime.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I would leave it myself, except that I want to be able to vote in the Primaries to vote for candidates I want to help elect - especially in Calvert County. As long as we have closed Primaries in MD, I see no other choice for me. I'm still sick of the National party, and my compromise with myself is I refuse to send my money to the PARTY. I will support individual candidates, but not the party itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post

There are several candidates I support over here in Calvert in each election. It's true that the gerrymandering makes it difficult for the GOP members in Annapolis, but as long as we have Republican candidates - I want to be able to vote for them.

#1, you have TDS. Get help.

#2, how many times have I mentioned on here that *I* left the Republican Party when they nominated John McCain as their POTUS contender in 2008? Dozens? The exodus from the GOP didn't begin with Trump. Again, get help.

And hey, Trans? You might want to start paying attention to what's going on. See Bann's comment below:
    Asking Trans to start paying attention is like asking a dog not to lick itself.

I, too, left the GOP.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Blog Entries
    Just looked and as of a few minutes ago there are 65,873 members. That is over 3,000 new members in the last few hours.
    Up to 66,545 members now.

Their testimonials remind me of an AA meeting where people get up and share their story - what led them to alcoholism and what happened to make them finally want to get sober.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Up to 66,545 members now.

Their testimonials remind me of an AA meeting where people get up and share their story - what led them to alcoholism and what happened to make them finally want to get sober.
    Wow!

Members who have read this thread: 80