Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #walkaway

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Up to 66,545 members now.

Their testimonials remind me of an AA meeting where people get up and share their story - what led them to alcoholism and what happened to make them finally want to get sober.
    Is Walkaway strictly a Facebook group? I thought it was conceptual, as in a movement.
    Kind of like saying some movie star only has as many fans as people who like their page.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Laura interviews creator of #walkaway....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPlaEDtuw7Q

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Is Walkaway strictly a Facebook group? I thought it was conceptual, as in a movement.
    Kind of like saying some movie star only has as many fans as people who like their page.
    It's all over Twitter and other social media, but the only one I'm following is the one on Facebook.

68,575 members now.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    70,948 members as of 6:30 this am!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blister View Post
    As I said in an earlier post.

Everyone from Sean Hannity to Gurps,

Excuse me, WTF are you going on about ?
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Blog Entries
    I'm excited to see Democrats #walkaway but I don't think the Republican Party should be rewarded for it. They don't deserve it, and Republicans should #walkaway, too. I also don't think liberals are suddenly becoming conservative; it's more that they're fed up with the ugly rhetoric and violence on the Left and no longer want to be associated with it. According to the testimonials I've read, they are largely Trump fans and feel that the traditional political system has let them down. That the Parties are more interested in power and personal gain than governing for the citizens of the United States.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I make it my business to tell everyone who will listen to me that you don't have to belong to a political party.
    I have been surprised at the number of people that are not even aware of the "unaffiliated" choice when registering.

FAKE NEWS - noun /feɪk ˈnuːz/ - Real and actual facts that Donald Trump does not like​

I'm excited to see Democrats #walkaway but I don't think the Republican Party should be rewarded for it. They don't deserve it, and Republicans should #walkaway, too..
    Exactly...and many of us have done exactly that.

I gave up on the GOP clown show after the 2012 election. Funny thing...I still to this day get phone calls from various GOP orgs asking for money ; getting your name off their lists is apparently impossible.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Exactly...and many of us have done exactly that.

I gave up on the GOP clown show after the 2012 election. Funny thing...I still to this day get phone calls from various GOP orgs asking for money ; getting your name off their lists is apparently impossible.
    I get them too and you are right. Getting off the list is almost impossible.

About as impossible as any donation they will get from me when they do not help the President i voted for.

Members who have read this thread: 80