#walkaway

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow.

I didn't even know this existed until a friend invited me to this FB group. Basically it's (now former) Democrats walking away from the party. I have a number of personal friends who are leaving their lifelong Democrat enclave, but I had no idea it was a real movement.

Mostly black people, Hispanics, gays, trans, women, and other traditional members of the Dem voting bloc. Their stories/testimonials are quite moving and courageous. One gay man said that admitting he was no longer a Democrat was harder than coming out as gay - said that he was attacked by close friends for leaving the Party, called names and threatened.

A few of them are going over to the Republicans, but most seem to be content as unaffiliated. I make it my business to tell everyone who will listen to me that you don't have to belong to a political party.

I'm really excited about this. :yay: Not so much that they are leaving the Democrat Party, but that they see through the bull#### we're fed on a daily basis and are rejecting the media brainwashing. I had always hoped to see this day, but never really thought it would happen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So I just Binged #walkaway (my new security protection does not allow Googling, apparently) and see that WashPo and Daily Kos are trying to tell people that it's just a bunch of fake accounts and Russian bots. :lol:

Except for the part that the FB group is by invitation only and has over 62,000 members...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So I just Binged #walkaway (my new security protection does not allow Googling, apparently) and see that WashPo and Daily Kos are trying to tell people that it's just a bunch of fake accounts and Russian bots. :lol:

Except for the part that the FB group is by invitation only and has over 62,000 members...

Cults don't let go of their members easily.

Hijinx

Cults don't let go of their members easily.

It is hard for me to reconcile why anyone would follow Schumer. Pelosi. Warren Bernie and a host of others who have given up making laws , and working for America for the sole purpose of making Donald Trump look bad.

SamSpade

I've actually been a registered Democrat since the 80's - but I think it's time I walked away.

It would be symbolic only, since I've always been conservative, but politically, I've generally been along the lines of a Blue Dog.
They're all but gone now - only ten new ones elected in the last dozen years - so there's no point at all now.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Wow.

I didn't even know this existed until a friend invited me to this FB group. Basically it's (now former) Democrats walking away from the party. I have a number of personal friends who are leaving their lifelong Democrat enclave, but I had no idea it was a real movement.

Mostly black people, Hispanics, gays, trans, women, and other traditional members of the Dem voting bloc. Their stories/testimonials are quite moving and courageous. One gay man said that admitting he was no longer a Democrat was harder than coming out as gay - said that he was attacked by close friends for leaving the Party, called names and threatened.

A few of them are going over to the Republicans, but most seem to be content as unaffiliated. I make it my business to tell everyone who will listen to me that you don't have to belong to a political party.

I'm really excited about this. :yay: Not so much that they are leaving the Democrat Party, but that they see through the bull#### we're fed on a daily basis and are rejecting the media brainwashing. I had always hoped to see this day, but never really thought it would happen.

Wow, this is interesting! (and encouraging!)

Republicans have been leaving for years - and forming other groups like the Tea Party. This is the first I've heard of a big Dem movement like this.

transporter

You are of course aware that folks are leaving the Republican Party as well...or do you just dismiss that just like you dismiss everything else that points to the destruction of the GOP under Trump?

BTW...why would 62,000 members make much of a difference?

Keep digging to support that conformational bias...all you really do is confirm that you have little understanding...and therefore will fall for anything (like a brash talking huckster and fraud).

Hijinx

You are of course aware that folks are leaving the Republican Party as well...or do you just dismiss that just like you dismiss everything else that points to the destruction of the GOP under Trump?

Keep digging to support that conformational bias...all you really do is confirm that you have little understanding...and therefore will fall for anything (like a brash talking huckster and fraud).

People are leaving the Republican party because the Republican party doesn't fight hard enough against the Democrat party.

Blister

As I said in an earlier post.

Everyone from Sean Hannity to Gurps, from Rachel Maddow to Transporter is an expert on every subject. They all KNOW what the founding fathers meant. They all KNOW what is best for you and the rest of the world. They all KNOW what you really meant before you said whatever you said.

I say every forum member agrees to take a proctored IQ test, and everyone under the mean average is limited to one post per month.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

#1, you have TDS. Get help.

#2, how many times have I mentioned on here that *I* left the Republican Party when they nominated John McCain as their POTUS contender in 2008? Dozens? The exodus from the GOP didn't begin with Trump. Again, get help.

And hey, Trans? You might want to start paying attention to what's going on. See Bann's comment below:

Republicans have been leaving for years - and forming other groups like the Tea Party.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People are leaving the Republican party because the Republican party doesn't fight hard enough against the Democrat party.

My sense is that people are sick of Party this and Party that. Blah blah blah, my Party is better than your Party! If you think the Republicans are better than the Democrats, you're part of the establishment that the rest of us are getting sick of.

SamSpade

My sense is that people are sick of Party this and Party that. Blah blah blah, my Party is better than your Party! If you think the Republicans are better than the Democrats, you're part of the establishment that the rest of us are getting sick of.

This is why the number of the regular voters not affiliated with a party exceeds that of either of the major parties.

I used to think that being able to vote in the primaries gave me some say in the party, but it's pretty obvious I have none anymore.
As such, there's really no point to register with a party.

I'd register with a third party but none of them actually want to win - so why give them my support?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is why the number of the regular voters not affiliated with a party exceeds that of either of the major parties.

I used to think that being able to vote in the primaries gave me some say in the party, but it's pretty obvious I have none anymore.

I'd register with a third party but none of them actually want to win - so why give them my support?

Look for there to be a big push to get rid of the Big Two exclusivity. I'd like to see that in my lifetime.

Bann

PREMO Member

:yay:

I would leave it myself, except that I want to be able to vote in the Primaries to vote for candidates I want to help elect - especially in Calvert County. As long as we have closed Primaries in MD, I see no other choice for me. I'm still sick of the National party, and my compromise with myself is I refuse to send my money to the PARTY. I will support individual candidates, but not the party itself.

Bann

PREMO Member

There are several candidates I support over here in Calvert in each election. It's true that the gerrymandering makes it difficult for the GOP members in Annapolis, but as long as we have Republican candidates - I want to be able to vote for them.

PsyOps

Pixelated
#1, you have TDS. Get help.

#2, how many times have I mentioned on here that *I* left the Republican Party when they nominated John McCain as their POTUS contender in 2008? Dozens? The exodus from the GOP didn't begin with Trump. Again, get help.

And hey, Trans? You might want to start paying attention to what's going on. See Bann's comment below:

Asking Trans to start paying attention is like asking a dog not to lick itself.

I, too, left the GOP.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just looked and as of a few minutes ago there are 65,873 members. That is over 3,000 new members in the last few hours.

Up to 66,545 members now.

Their testimonials remind me of an AA meeting where people get up and share their story - what led them to alcoholism and what happened to make them finally want to get sober.

Bann

PREMO Member
Up to 66,545 members now.

Their testimonials remind me of an AA meeting where people get up and share their story - what led them to alcoholism and what happened to make them finally want to get sober.

Wow!