Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Austin again!

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    We took my grandson to the coolest place: Topgolf

It's not for kids, it's a driving range on steroids, but he had fun. There are three tiers and you hit microchipped balls out over a set of targets. It tracks your speed, curve, hang time, etc, and you can play competitively, getting points for hitting nearer the bullseye. It was a blast! The stations have table service, so you can get a drink or some food. Monello and I need to go back without the kid.

This weekend my son is getting married, so that will consume our time, then we're taking my grandson to Bandera, TX and spending the week at a dude ranch. Riding horses, tubing the river, there's a pool, hayrides, all kinds of stuff. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and I'm really excited! I thought about bringing my granddaughter, too, but she's only three and won't be able to do anything fun. We'll do something else with her. Riggs is going to his other grandmother when we get back from the dude ranch, so I can spend some one-on-one with Noelle.
    Sounds like fun!! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Breakfast tacos for breakfast every morning (except fasting days). Not sure why I don't do this all the time instead of just when I'm in Texas.
    Was watching "Diners, Drive-ins & Dives" on the Food Network the other night and they were at a joint in Austin called Maria's Taco Express, so naturally I thought about you:

The state of TX is known for many things, but one of their truly best kept secrets is the vast array of diners to visit to grab a delicious bite to eat. What makes this one stand out above the rest is their daily handmade range of fresh Tacos as well as Pollo Guisado and Picadillo!

Address / Location:

2529 S. Lamar Blvd.
    Austin, TX 78704
    http://www.dinersdriveinsdiveslocati...ess-texas.html

They have several other restaurants in Austin they have visited:

http://www.dinersdriveinsdiveslocati...tin-texas.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Was watching "Diners, Drive-ins & Dives" on the Food Network the other night and they were at a joint in Austin called Maria's Taco Express, so naturally I thought about you:

http://www.dinersdriveinsdiveslocati...ess-texas.html

They have several other restaurants in Austin they have visited:

http://www.dinersdriveinsdiveslocati...tin-texas.html
    There are about 8 million great Mex and Tex-Mex restaurants in the general Austin area. And don't get me started on the BBQ. Texas is a food state.

Yesterday we found a little local gem: https://flyingl.com/activities/water-park/ We AND the kid had a blast!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    The dude ranch was incredibly cool and Bandera, TX is like a movie set. If you find yourself in need of a cowboy experience, let me recommend both the town and the ranch.

Our room (there was another large room with two sets of bunkbeds, and we had a private bath). Look at Apollo - he's so cute!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6068.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	123661

Stirrup Lodge, our cottage (grandkid does not convey)

Name:	DSCN6070.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	123662

Downtown Bandera

Name:	DSCN6092.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	123663

Name:	DSCN6093.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	123664

Name:	DSCN6094.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	123665

Name:	DSCN6106.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	123666

We hit up a rodeo, went to a small waterpark, the guys got some fishing in, and we got to see a real live cowboy gunfight! (Okay, it was a street play, but still...) The kid did good - he's a bit of a brat and I'm out of practice giving children, um, motivational speeches. But it all came back to me. Straighten up and fly right, brat.

We got back home this afternoon and had a swim this evening. Tomorrow is a fasting day but Tuesday I want to go to the movie place that has theater seating and serves you food during the show. Jurassic Park, baybee! They have a large number of those type of theaters in Austin, with the comfy recliner seating and food/beverage service. The first time I'd ever gone to one was last year with my daughter and now it's the only way to fly.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    The local rodeo had a few kid events. Mini bull riding and mutton busting. Watching the kiddies was hysterical. Holding on for dear to a lamb, while it hightails it out of the chute. They also let any 12 and under chase 3 bulls around with ribbons attached to their tails. The winners got some sort of prize.

Name:	DSCN6141.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	123667

Name:	DSCN6142.jpg 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	123669

Name:	DSCN6148.jpg 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	123670

Name:	DSCN6149.jpg 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	123671

Name:	DSCN6150.jpg 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	123672
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

Members who have read this thread: 35