Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What food don't you like?

Casu marzu.
    Liver
    Asparagus

Everything else is gooch.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

2. 07-09-2018, 11:46 AM
    Reason
    double post

most canned foods - vegetables, soup, etc. tastes like metal or plastic to me.
    most weird organ meats - I might try some tongue but hold the brains.
    most sodas
    most things with FAKE fruit flavoring - candy, jello, juice, etc. I DETEST anything unnaturaly flavored to resemble a fruit taste. I *might* try it if it's specifically citrus though. But I love most fruits but give me some starbursts other than yellow and I might vomit.
    texture of tomatoes - they either have to be perfectly ripe and firm, or cooked and pureed into sauce. In between is mostly a no-go. I don't mind the flavor, it's just the texture. I'll make stuff with sun-dried tomatoes but watch me pick around them
    bugs
    animals that can be kept as pets (horses, dogs, cats, etc.) I don't really want to eat your old pet pig either if you raised it, named it, and have a file with the local vet on it. That's different from the ones raised to be eaten.
    anything above normal hot/spicy.
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bee View Post
    most canned foods - vegetables, soup, etc. tastes like metal or plastic to me.
    most weird organ meats - I might try some tongue but hold the brains.
    most sodas
    most things with FAKE fruit flavoring - candy, jello, juice, etc. I DETEST anything unnaturaly flavored to resemble a fruit taste. I *might* try it if it's specifically citrus though. But I love most fruits but give me some starbursts other than yellow and I might vomit.
    texture of tomatoes - they either have to be perfectly ripe and firm, or cooked and pureed into sauce. In between is mostly a no-go. I don't mind the flavor, it's just the texture. I'll make stuff with sun-dried tomatoes but watch me pick around them
    bugs
    animals that can be kept as pets (horses, dogs, cats, etc.) I don't really want to eat your old pet pig either if you raised it, named it, and have a file with the local vet on it. That's different from the ones raised to be eaten.
    anything above normal hot/spicy.
    Sister from another mother...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
    Sister from another mother...
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Is there anyone here who eats Steak tartare???
    I love steak tartare. Not only that, but raw ground beef if it's high quality and very fresh.

Not much on my list of dislikes. Kale, Miracle whip, liver and other visceral stuff. And I am really surprised at how many don't like chicken fried steak!!

Oh yeah.... no oysters. What does Rose call them? Fried Loogies?
    Last edited by GWguy; 07-10-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I love steak tartare. Not only that, but raw ground beef if it's high quality and very fresh.
    I've eaten plenty of both, served various ways, in Korea. Found all to be "oK" but don't go out of my way to eat that on my own initiative.

And I do love a good chicken fried steak!
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

I love steak tartare. Not only that, but raw ground beef if it's high quality and very fresh. Not much on my list of dislikes. Kale, Miracle whip, liver and other visceral stuff. And I am really surprised at how many don't like chicken fried steak!! Oh yeah.... no oysters. What does Rose call them? Fried Loogies?
    No fried loogies! I do love me a good chicken fried stark and gravy on occasion! :yup:
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    No fried loogies! I do love me a good chicken fried stark and gravy on occasion! :yup:
    Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man? a little Freudian slip there?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man? a little Freudian slip there?
    Phone posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    What the hell?

It is bad enough somebody would put peas in jello but meat...
    From what I understand that sort of thing was popular before I was born.

http://theweek.com/articles/554639/5...ese-mayonnaise
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 58