Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coal update

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/state...221313292.html

Coal is being beat by cheaper, cleaner alternatives. This was true before the election and still holds true today. Trump's buffoonery can't change market forces (and of course "true" Patriots and conservatives don't want the govt picking winners and losers, right?).
    So you're saying coal mines and coal jobs haven't been added to our economy since Trump was elected? Is that what you are saying?
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    So you're saying coal mines and coal jobs haven't been added to our economy since Trump was elected? Is that what you are saying?
    Trans doesn’t know what she/he is saying. It is called regurgitation.
    Last edited by littlelady; 07-08-2018 at 02:39 AM.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The alternative was his opponent's plan - to shut it down completely. You call TRUMP a moron? How do you think this played out in the coal regions of the nation?
    Dropping 2.3 percent is much preferable to dropping 100%.

Until technology is developed to make use of our vast coal reserves - the largest in the world - its use WILL continue to dwindle.
    But I have little doubt that such technology WILL be found. It's too great a commodity to just leave in the ground untouched.
    Ya know, I tell ya, I sure do wish the local hardware stores still carried and sold coal. Though dirty while handling, it sure does put out good long burning reliable heat. And it doesn't take much either. Grew up with a pot bellied stove for heat. It was a wonderful thing. And very little ash to deal with as well.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    A couple of more incidents like Fukushima or Chernoble and people might start thinking Nuclear is a but dangerous. As once these incident occur it is impossible to stop.
    A couple of more? Fukushima is the gift that will keep on giving for decades to come. Three (3) total nuclear core, (hundreds of tons) meltdowns along with over a thousand tons of spent nuclear fuel that were stored above all the reactors melting away or blown into the atmosphere. Fukushima puts Chernobyl to shame. Compare as being shot with a spit ball through a straw versus with a battleship's 16 inch gun. What happened was an extinction level event. Just because it is not in the news does not mean it has gone away or been taken care of with all the danger now remediated.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Ya know, I tell ya, I sure do wish the local hardware stores still carried and sold coal. Though dirty while handling, it sure does put out good long burning reliable heat. And it doesn't take much either. Grew up with a pot bellied stove for heat. It was a wonderful thing. And very little ash to deal with as well.
    Stauffers feed in loveville / Leonardtown sells bulk hard anthracite coal.
    And Tractor Supply sells 40 lb bags of anthracite nut coal.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    You have a psychiatric disorder. Get help.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Stauffers feed in loveville / Leonardtown sells bulk hard anthracite coal. And Tractor Supply sells 40 lb bags of anthracite nut coal.
    Say what! Whoo hooo! My winter potbelly stove is going to love that coal. In addition to my back not having to split wood anymore. Thaaaaaaaank You!

If I may ...

Say what! Whoo hooo! My winter potbelly stove is going to love that coal. In addition to my back not having to split wood anymore. Thaaaaaaaank You!
    I can't think of the company name, but there is someone who will deliver bulk coal that does delivery in southern Maryland. I know the guys that do blacksmith work get it from him.i think it comes in a one ton increments.. I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    You have a psychiatric disorder. Get help.

If I may ...

A couple of more? Fukushima is the gift that will keep on giving for decades to come. Three (3) total nuclear core, (hundreds of tons) meltdowns along with over a thousand tons of spent nuclear fuel that were stored above all the reactors melting away or blown into the atmosphere. Fukushima puts Chernobyl to shame. Compare as being shot with a spit ball through a straw versus with a battleship's 16 inch gun. What happened was an extinction level event. Just because it is not in the news does not mean it has gone away or been taken care of with all the danger now remediated.
    I agree and the radiation is dumped into the sea every day.

To me nuclear is dangerous.

Members who have read this thread: 45