Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got to sell my Ford Ranger...(sniff) to a Recycler(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian View Post
    Oh don't tell me that...makes me want to throw $$ into it! Its a '97...and only has 132K. From all I have read the engines hold up great! But the clutch just went yesterday. AC is GREAT. I know that if I were to replace shocks & clutch...later exhaust,...she'd get me another 60K. Darn it!
    Rockauto.com for parts should you choose to go that route. Parts are much chaper than places like Autozone.

Two things work against that scenario...the personal deduction raise just invalidated the time I spend on schedule A...thus my donations are...vapor.
    AND That earworm song on the radio gives me nightmares.
    Makes sense.

"Kars for Kids" Is going to be stuck in your head all day now.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Oh don't tell me that...makes me want to throw $$ into it! Its a '97...and only has 132K. From all I have read the engines hold up great! But the clutch just went yesterday. AC is GREAT. I know that if I were to replace shocks & clutch...later exhaust,...she'd get me another 60K. Darn it!
    I put my son in a 2000 ranger 4x4 about two years ago, I bought it out here from a elderly man that couldn't drive any longer. It 62,000 on the clock when I bought it and now it's just over a 100,000.
    The more I think about it and a peek online they still are worth good money.
    Name:  20180706_092444.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  52.9 KB

Other than the clear coat peeling it's been a good truck so far.
    No one cares.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Kars for Kids. Leave title in the front seat and they come pick it up. You get a nice tax writeoff and they even give you a few free nights at a hotel of your choosing (with some fine print of course).
    Kars for Kids is good if you wish to give to a charity that only helps the children of Orthodox Jews, mostly in New York and New Jersey.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Kars for Kids is good if you wish to give to a charity that only helps the children of Orthodox Jews, mostly in New York and New Jersey.
    I can'y say I have ever seen a poor Orthodox Jew.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I can'y say I have ever seen a poor Orthodox Jew.
    My direct paternal great grandfather was well to do before the Market Crash in 1929, owned one of the first private automobiles in Springfield, MA.
    After, he was solidly lower middle class. I think my great grandmother died of her liver ailment in 1931 because they could not afford the proper medical care.

She's buried in the Orthodox cemetery in my hometown of West Springfield, MA.
    He's buried in an Orthodox cemetery in LA, where he moved as part of the household of one of his children in 1936.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Clutch is a cheap drive way fix
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    I don't mind. I just wanted it out of my driveway. It's either Orodox Jewish kids, or Jethro's "it'll eventually be fixed" car collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Clutch is a cheap drive way fix
    Yep, and not that bad of a job if it's been powerwashed before working on it.
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I put my son in a 2000 ranger 4x4 about two years ago, I bought it out here from a elderly man that couldn't drive any longer. It 62,000 on the clock when I bought it and now it's just over a 100,000.
    The more I think about it and a peek online they still are worth good money.
    Other than the clear coat peeling it's been a good truck so far.
    I was looking for one like that recently...found a '91 Toyota 4x4 instead. Just needed a reliable beater that could also handle the regular round trips to the airports. My ole 2000 Grand Cherokee was just too far gone..
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

My Ranger needs to go to ICU.
    Its got some serious mech issues but the engine still runs like a trooper (not Isuzu).
    So...since I already have a replacement car...and I don't want to spend the $$ to do the repairs, WHO is So Md buys salvageable cars and will come flat-bed my loyal Ranger?

I used to donate my retired vehicles but the 'Tax credit' now means zip.
    Any reputable salvage operations in SoMd? What GOOD experiences have you had? Contacts?
    Another option is to consign it to one of the large auto and equipment auctions held at Flat Iron Farm in Great Mills about three times a year. I recently scored $1000 for my old 2000 Grand Cherokee showing 196,000 on the clock. It ran good..but had a ton of problems ranging from minor to major pita.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Members who have read this thread: 76