Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got to sell my Ford Ranger...(sniff) to a Recycler(?)

Question Got to sell my Ford Ranger...(sniff) to a Recycler(?)

My Ranger needs to go to ICU.
    Its got some serious mech issues but the engine still runs like a trooper (not Isuzu).
    So...since I already have a replacement car...and I don't want to spend the $$ to do the repairs, WHO is So Md buys salvageable cars and will come flat-bed my loyal Ranger?

I used to donate my retired vehicles but the 'Tax credit' now means zip.
    Any reputable salvage operations in SoMd? What GOOD experiences have you had? Contacts?
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Champion Used Auto Parts
    45864 Usher Lane
    Great Mills, Maryland 20634
    Phone: (301)994-2125

I would post it on Craigslist for a three or four hundred before I sent it to the graveyard.
    No one cares.

My grandma had an Oldsmobile Tapir Model S and she loved that car. But somebody switched the letters around on it so it said RAPIST instead of TAPIR S. My grandma can't see good so she didn't notice it for a long time but everybody else did because people kept scratching her car up and putting dents in it and popping the tires and spray painting DIE RAPIST on the side and hood. Anyways after about 6 months that car was trashed and my grandma was sick of it so she called some guy from her church and he came out to the house everyday for about two weeks and used fire and liquids and melted that car down right there in the backyard until it was small enough to put in the back of his pickup truck. He said it's a real good way to do it since they charge by the pound to throw stuff away. He uses it to get rid of all kinds of stuff like washing machines, refrigerators, big farm animals that die from being old or getting stuck by lightening or attacked or whatever. I think his name is Chet or Chip and he advertises all over the place and you just pull his number right off the ad so you can call him when you get home.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessian View Post
    My Ranger needs to go to ICU.
    Its got some serious mech issues but the engine still runs like a trooper (not Isuzu).
    So...since I already have a replacement car...and I don't want to spend the $$ to do the repairs, WHO is So Md buys salvageable cars and will come flat-bed my loyal Ranger?

I used to donate my retired vehicles but the 'Tax credit' now means zip.
    Any reputable salvage operations in SoMd? What GOOD experiences have you had? Contacts?
    What year is it? I have a '96 with 250,000 on it. Like yours, the engine is good, along with the manual transmission (I've replaced the clutch twice, along with the a/c twice). It's beat up on the outside, but it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm think of fixing up the exterior and interior, repainting to original paint, and "donating" it to my grandson when he becomes of age, if he'll have a classic.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    My grandma had an Oldsmobile Tapir Model S and she loved that car. But somebody switched the letters around on it so it said RAPIST instead of TAPIR S. My grandma can't see good so she didn't notice it for a long time but everybody else did because people kept scratching her car up and putting dents in it and popping the tires and spray painting DIE RAPIST on the side and hood. Anyways after about 6 months that car was trashed and my grandma was sick of it so she called some guy from her church and he came out to the house everyday for about two weeks and used fire and liquids and melted that car down right there in the backyard until it was small enough to put in the back of his pickup truck. He said it's a real good way to do it since they charge by the pound to throw stuff away. He uses it to get rid of all kinds of stuff like washing machines, refrigerators, big farm animals that die from being old or getting stuck by lightening or attacked or whatever. I think his name is Chet or Chip and he advertises all over the place and you just pull his number right off the ad so you can call him when you get home.
    The Glasva Sage has returned! It has been too long!
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian View Post
    The Glasva Sage has returned! It has been too long!
    He's been popping in again lately. Do a search!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Kars for Kids. Leave title in the front seat and they come pick it up. You get a nice tax writeoff and they even give you a few free nights at a hotel of your choosing (with some fine print of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    What year is it? I have a '96 with 250,000 on it. Like yours, the engine is good, along with the manual transmission (I've replaced the clutch twice, along with the a/c twice). It's beat up on the outside, but it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm think of fixing up the exterior and interior, repainting to original paint, and "donating" it to my grandson when he becomes of age, if he'll have a classic.
    Oh don't tell me that...makes me want to throw $$ into it! Its a '97...and only has 132K. From all I have read the engines hold up great! But the clutch just went yesterday. AC is GREAT. I know that if I were to replace shocks & clutch...later exhaust,...she'd get me another 60K. Darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Kars for Kids. Leave title in the front seat and they come pick it up. You get a nice tax writeoff and they even give you a few free nights at a hotel of your choosing (with some fine print of course).
    Two things work against that scenario...the personal deduction raise just invalidated the time I spend on schedule A...thus my donations are...vapor.
    AND That earworm song on the radio gives me nightmares.

Members who have read this thread: 76