Got to sell my Ford Ranger...(sniff) to a Recycler(?)

Hessian

My Ranger needs to go to ICU.
Its got some serious mech issues but the engine still runs like a trooper (not Isuzu).
So...since I already have a replacement car...and I don't want to spend the $$ to do the repairs, WHO is So Md buys salvageable cars and will come flat-bed my loyal Ranger?

I used to donate my retired vehicles but the 'Tax credit' now means zip.
Any reputable salvage operations in SoMd? What GOOD experiences have you had? Contacts?

willie

Champion Used Auto Parts
45864 Usher Lane
Great Mills, Maryland 20634
Phone: (301)994-2125

RodRugg

My grandma had an Oldsmobile Tapir Model S and she loved that car. But somebody switched the letters around on it so it said RAPIST instead of TAPIR S. My grandma can't see good so she didn't notice it for a long time but everybody else did because people kept scratching her car up and putting dents in it and popping the tires and spray painting DIE RAPIST on the side and hood. Anyways after about 6 months that car was trashed and my grandma was sick of it so she called some guy from her church and he came out to the house everyday for about two weeks and used fire and liquids and melted that car down right there in the backyard until it was small enough to put in the back of his pickup truck. He said it's a real good way to do it since they charge by the pound to throw stuff away. He uses it to get rid of all kinds of stuff like washing machines, refrigerators, big farm animals that die from being old or getting stuck by lightening or attacked or whatever. I think his name is Chet or Chip and he advertises all over the place and you just pull his number right off the ad so you can call him when you get home.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Its got some serious mech issues but the engine still runs like a trooper (not Isuzu).
So...since I already have a replacement car...and I don't want to spend the $$ to do the repairs, WHO is So Md buys salvageable cars and will come flat-bed my loyal Ranger?

Any reputable salvage operations in SoMd? What GOOD experiences have you had? Contacts?

What year is it? I have a '96 with 250,000 on it. Like yours, the engine is good, along with the manual transmission (I've replaced the clutch twice, along with the a/c twice). It's beat up on the outside, but it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm think of fixing up the exterior and interior, repainting to original paint, and "donating" it to my grandson when he becomes of age, if he'll have a classic.

Hessian

My grandma had an Oldsmobile Tapir Model S and she loved that car. But somebody switched the letters around on it so it said RAPIST instead of TAPIR S. My grandma can't see good so she didn't notice it for a long time but everybody else did because people kept scratching her car up and putting dents in it and popping the tires and spray painting DIE RAPIST on the side and hood. Anyways after about 6 months that car was trashed and my grandma was sick of it so she called some guy from her church and he came out to the house everyday for about two weeks and used fire and liquids and melted that car down right there in the backyard until it was small enough to put in the back of his pickup truck. He said it's a real good way to do it since they charge by the pound to throw stuff away. He uses it to get rid of all kinds of stuff like washing machines, refrigerators, big farm animals that die from being old or getting stuck by lightening or attacked or whatever. I think his name is Chet or Chip and he advertises all over the place and you just pull his number right off the ad so you can call him when you get home.

The Glasva Sage has returned! It has been too long!

Chris0nllyn

Kars for Kids. Leave title in the front seat and they come pick it up. You get a nice tax writeoff and they even give you a few free nights at a hotel of your choosing (with some fine print of course).

Hessian

What year is it? I have a '96 with 250,000 on it. Like yours, the engine is good, along with the manual transmission (I've replaced the clutch twice, along with the a/c twice). It's beat up on the outside, but it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm think of fixing up the exterior and interior, repainting to original paint, and "donating" it to my grandson when he becomes of age, if he'll have a classic.

Oh don't tell me that...makes me want to throw $$ into it! Its a '97...and only has 132K. From all I have read the engines hold up great! But the clutch just went yesterday. AC is GREAT. I know that if I were to replace shocks & clutch...later exhaust,...she'd get me another 60K. Darn it!

Hessian

Kars for Kids. Leave title in the front seat and they come pick it up. You get a nice tax writeoff and they even give you a few free nights at a hotel of your choosing (with some fine print of course).

Two things work against that scenario...the personal deduction raise just invalidated the time I spend on schedule A...thus my donations are...vapor.
AND That earworm song on the radio gives me nightmares.

Chris0nllyn

Oh don't tell me that...makes me want to throw $$ into it! Its a '97...and only has 132K. From all I have read the engines hold up great! But the clutch just went yesterday. AC is GREAT. I know that if I were to replace shocks & clutch...later exhaust,...she'd get me another 60K. Darn it!

Rockauto.com for parts should you choose to go that route. Parts are much chaper than places like Autozone.

Two things work against that scenario...the personal deduction raise just invalidated the time I spend on schedule A...thus my donations are...vapor.
AND That earworm song on the radio gives me nightmares.

Makes sense.

"Kars for Kids" Is going to be stuck in your head all day now. :lol:

black dog

Free America

I put my son in a 2000 ranger 4x4 about two years ago, I bought it out here from a elderly man that couldn't drive any longer. It 62,000 on the clock when I bought it and now it's just over a 100,000.
The more I think about it and a peek online they still are worth good money.
20180706_092444.jpg

Other than the clear coat peeling it's been a good truck so far.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Kars for Kids is good if you wish to give to a charity that only helps the children of Orthodox Jews, mostly in New York and New Jersey.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I can'y say I have ever seen a poor Orthodox Jew. :shocking:

My direct paternal great grandfather was well to do before the Market Crash in 1929, owned one of the first private automobiles in Springfield, MA.
After, he was solidly lower middle class. I think my great grandmother died of her liver ailment in 1931 because they could not afford the proper medical care.

She's buried in the Orthodox cemetery in my hometown of West Springfield, MA.
He's buried in an Orthodox cemetery in LA, where he moved as part of the household of one of his children in 1936.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Clutch is a cheap drive way fix

Chris0nllyn

Kars for Kids is good if you wish to give to a charity that only helps the children of Orthodox Jews, mostly in New York and New Jersey.

I don't mind. I just wanted it out of my driveway. It's either Orodox Jewish kids, or Jethro's "it'll eventually be fixed" car collection.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I put my son in a 2000 ranger 4x4 about two years ago, I bought it out here from a elderly man that couldn't drive any longer. It 62,000 on the clock when I bought it and now it's just over a 100,000.
The more I think about it and a peek online they still are worth good money.
Other than the clear coat peeling it's been a good truck so far.

I was looking for one like that recently...found a '91 Toyota 4x4 instead. Just needed a reliable beater that could also handle the regular round trips to the airports. My ole 2000 Grand Cherokee was just too far gone..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Another option is to consign it to one of the large auto and equipment auctions held at Flat Iron Farm in Great Mills about three times a year. I recently scored $1000 for my old 2000 Grand Cherokee showing 196,000 on the clock. It ran good..but had a ton of problems ranging from minor to major pita.