School strip searched 22 preteen girls to find $50

Chris0nllyn

The background: in an attempt to locate $50 that went missing during a choir class, the entire class was searched. Given the nature of the search, this quickly changed the definition of "class" from a "a number of students studying the same course" to "a number of students suing the school." This maybe wouldn't have gone as far as it did, but for the invaluable assistance of the school's police officer.

When no money turned up, the school police officer “suggested that girls like to hide things in their bras and panties.”

Without seeking permission from the students or informing their parents, the vice principal had the school nurse perform a strip search of all the students.

Higgins took all twenty-two girls in the choir class to the female school nurse, who strip searched them, taking them one at a time into a bathroom, where she “check[ed] around the waistband of [their] panties,” loosened their bras, and checked “under their shirts.” The girls “were made to lift their shirts so they were exposed from the shoulder to the waist.”

No money was found.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...assful-female-students-to-find-50.shtmlDuring

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’d really like to hear the logic among these so called adults that felt this was ok!

they can cane them after that.

officeguy

If it were my daughter I would be part of the suit.
Teachers and school nurses have no authority to strip search students.

Agreed.

There are two situations where a student may have to be searched: If there is a question of one particular student being seen with a gun or distributing drugs on school grounds. But those are law enforcement situations and subject to all the limitations that apply to police searches.

School administrators like to assert some special right to search any student at any time based on some sort of license the parents gave them by sending their kid to school. I dont agree with that argument at all. The school is not some private business that can make me adhere to some kind of code of conduct. The school is a govermental body and their 'contract' that allows a kid to attend school is a very one-sided affair.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm surprised the girls didn't refuse. My daughter would have never gone along with that. She'd have come home, told me, and I'd have burnt that school down.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I’d really like to hear the logic among these so called adults that felt this was ok! they can cane them after that.

Because silly, deep inside of them, at every chance they get, their pedophilia tendencies come out and need feeding under the guise of, (I don't know, make something up), in this case it was $50. There are a lot of perverts in the school systems. And it was that school resource officer that started it all, hoping to catch a peek when he, “suggested that girls like to hide things in their bras and panties.” Uh huh, sure. He was licking his lips and adjusting his crotch at the thought of doing the search himself.