Large bright orange object

3CATSAILOR

From the Western Shore of St. Mary's County near the mouth of the St. Jerome's Creek I observed in the NE sky a large bright orange object. I tracked it for at least two minutes as it started to come down toward the Chesapeake Bay. Once it got lower it dimmed considerably but still was noticeable until it hit the water. Once it hit there was a brief glow and then gone. I suspect it was some type of space junk. I am not sure why it would be bright orange or why it would have a brief glow once it reached the water. I should have had a camera ready. I could have had it on TV tonight. But, I wasn't thinking about filming for some reason. I was too surprised looking at what I saw. I was also surprised by the size. In fact, I thought it may cause a wave once it hit. There was a moderate wave shortly afterward that was larger than any of the usual waves on the Bay. It may or may not have been associated with the object. Very easily could have been something else.

black dog

Free America
One of my old neighbors just outside of Dotsonville tonged oysters for better than 60 years each winter, he had pulled up with his tongs a dozen or so meteors that he tossed into his rock garden next to his driveway. They averaged from a lacrosse ball to a softball in size. My son asked Mr Morgan to borrow one for show and tell at leddie dent and he gave my son the pick of choice for the one you want.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Distress flare at night

[video=youtube;7FejZcTxUYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FejZcTxUYM[/video]

Tech

A few years back on this forum , someone reported seeing an orange light. Next night I walk outside down at Webster, look up to see an orange light. Oh oh, relieved to hear the whine of an UAV moments later.

3CATSAILOR

:shrug:

[video=youtube;QDqBWxV-Fpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDqBWxV-Fpg[/video]

Nice U tube. However, I first saw it far higher than any hand held rocket. Definitely coming from space whatever it was. Meteorite or space junk......... I think.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Nice U tube. However, I first saw it far higher than any hand held rocket. Definitely coming from space whatever it was. Meteorite or space junk......... I think.

Yeah. From what you described, I don’t think it was a flare, or hand held anything; much less, a sunset.

RodRugg

This one time my grandma found this strange round rock near her garbage pile and when she went to get my uncle Stanley it was clear across the yard next to the garden. She got so scared she called all kinds of people to say that a meteor was in her yard and come get it before it destroys everything. Finally they sent this guy from the government who worked on science to check it out and get some samples or whatever. It turns out it was only a armadillo. Anyways before that science guy got all disgusted about that armadillo, he said a bunch of stuff falls out of the sky all the time and people don't even know it. Sometimes its tiny stuff and sometimes its great big stuff that leaves holes in the ground but mostly its tiny. He said most of the stuff burns up before it even hits the ground because its going super fast so I don't even know how that armadillo made it. I still have it as a pet though since that science guy didn't want it.