Panel on race relations

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On C-SPAN right now.

As you can probably guess, it's a bunch of liberal arts professors, and therefore ideologically, um, lopsided.

After over an hour of listening to the panel pontificate on how horribly whites have treated minorities, blacks in particular, in highly blanket (read: racist) language, a young man got up and asked a very good question about effort determining outcome, and the black Howard University Sociology prof just shut him down. Wouldn't even entertain the notion, just called him a racist and expressed how offended she was and declared his question garbage.

:lol:

They all pretty much suck, but this woman in particular needs to check her privilege. She lamented that she went to school and got an education, paid her dues, didn't get pregnant as a teen, yadda yadda..."Where's *my* American dream???"

I'm like, girl, you are a freaking professor at Howard University. What the hell do you want? What do you think you should have?

:doh:

These people make my head explode. And you can't even give them a reality check because they will reject you out of hand, just like this woman did to the young guy who dared to question her.

I don't know why anyone would send their kid to college, considering the caliber of educators who swarm those places.

Hijinx

On C-SPAN right now.

As you can probably guess, it's a bunch of liberal arts professors, and therefore ideologically, um, lopsided.

After over an hour of listening to the panel pontificate on how horribly whites have treated minorities, blacks in particular, in highly blanket (read: racist) language, a young man got up and asked a very good question about effort determining outcome, and the black Howard University Sociology prof just shut him down. Wouldn't even entertain the notion, just called him a racist and expressed how offended she was and declared his question garbage.

:lol:

They all pretty much suck, but this woman in particular needs to check her privilege. She lamented that she went to school and got an education, paid her dues, didn't get pregnant as a teen, yadda yadda..."Where's *my* American dream???"

I'm like, girl, you are a freaking professor at Howard University. What the hell do you want? What do you think you should have?

:doh:

These people make my head explode. And you can't even give them a reality check because they will reject you out of hand, just like this woman did to the young guy who dared to question her.

I don't know why anyone would send their kid to college, considering the caliber of educators who swarm those places.

So: What is this panel supposed to be for? What is it's objective?

It sounds like it;s objective is to convict all whites of being horrible people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So: What is this panel supposed to be for? What is it's objective?

It sounds like it;s objective is to convict all whites of being horrible people.

That, and make the case for reparations in some form.

littlelady

God bless the USA

That is the crazy thing when it comes to talk of reparations. No American citizen, living today, owes anyone anything; except, maybe, the IRS.

I am so sick of this reparations thing. So many are uneducated, or choose to ignore history.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+m...-28&sk=&cvid=A8326CA86B894B8EAACAE9BEEE305E27

Not to mention indentured servants from other countries, or that Africans sold their own for profit. Shut up, already.

I am watching the Greg Gutfeld show. He just showed the peace sign as part of his monologue. I, immediately, thought of this Beatles song. :peace:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsxtImDVMig

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That is the crazy thing when it comes to talk of reparations. No American citizen, living today, owes anyone anything; except, maybe, the IRS.

I think the Democrat Party at least owes black people an apology. More appropriate would be for them to work and build up the black families and black self-esteem they've torn apart over the generations.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The Venue: Politics and Race Relations

Washington, D.C., community members participated in a forum about politics and race relations. Political science and sociology professors as well as representatives from advocacy organizations talked about the challenges, consequences and potential solutions to the issues of racism in the United States, and took questions from audience members.

The panel members:

Niambi CarterAssistant ProfessorHoward University->Political Science

Amitai EtzioniProfessorGeorge Washington University->International Affairs

Richard D. KahlenbergSenior FellowCentury Foundation

Clarissa Martinez de CastroDeputy Vice PresidentUnidosUS->Research, Advocacy and Legislation

Lisa RiceExecutive Vice PresidentNational Fair Housing Alliance

Janelle WongProfessorUniversity of Maryland, College Park->American Studies

The entire video is in the link

Hijinx

Not knowing any of them I would say they were picked exactly because they are a motley group of liberals.

I tried to watch the video, but the grass growing outside was much more interesting.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Jump up to around 1:19:00 of the video. A guy asks a few questions about differences in cultures. He is called names and they didn't refute what he said, just said they weren't going to entertain that type of loaded question. But clearly there are differences in cultures, otherwise going to France would be just like going to Japan.

PsyOps

Pixelated

They don't want "honest and open" dialog on this issue. They want to spew their hate toward white people and for white people to shut up about it. The don't want the problem of race relations solved; they want to perpetuate it. What the end result looks like to them - I'll be damned if I know.

So, I'm white. I'm innately racist. I'm privileged. Now what? What's your solution people? You've had your say on the matter. You've told us all we need to know about us; now tell us what you want us to do about it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think the Democrat Party at least owes black people an apology. More appropriate would be for them to work and build up the black families and black self-esteem they've torn apart over the generations.

Agree, the Dems should apologize. After all, they started the Ku Klux Klan. And, let US not forget about what LBJ said about keeping Blacks on the plantation. I think when he said that is when America started dying. JFK would have cried, if he had heard LBJ say that. And, I still think LBJ was a part of JFK’s assassination.

littlelady

God bless the USA
They don't want "honest and open" dialog on this issue. They want to spew their hate toward white people and for white people to shut up about it. The don't want the problem of race relations solved; they want to perpetuate it. What the end result looks like to them - I'll be damned if I know.

So, I'm white. I'm innately racist. I'm privileged. Now what? What's your solution people? You've had your say on the matter. You've told us all we need to know about us; now tell us what you want us to do about it.

It doesn’t matter, Psy. Whatever we tried to do would be wrong in their eyes. We have done nothing wrong, so...

I am going to do the same thing I have done all my life...never racist...never felt privileged, but, always, thankful...made sure I can defend myself...help and volunteer...not let stupid crap bother me (that is the hardest one to do)...and believe in The USA. :patriot:

BOP

It doesn’t matter, Psy. Whatever we tried to do would be wrong in their eyes. We have done nothing wrong, so...

I am going to do the same thing I have done all my life...never racist...never felt privileged, but, always, thankful...made sure I can defend myself...help and volunteer...not let stupid crap bother me (that is the hardest one to do)...and believe in The USA. :patriot:

I never was either, even after race riots in the Fleet back in the '70s, and some personal events, but in recent years, I've had to constantly battle myself over new tendencies.

PsyOps

Pixelated

And seeing this over and over, would that ever be enough? Let's say we put a dollar figure on this - say $5 million per adult. Let's not even talk about what this would do to our economy flooding the market with that much unearned, fake money (because our government just doesn't have it); will this satisfy this community? Will they change the way they view white people? Will this undo slavery and Jim Crow? Will this remove all white supremacists from the country? Will this reduce black-on-black crime in Chicago?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... will this satisfy this community? Will they change the way they view white people? Will this undo slavery and Jim Crow? Will this remove all white supremacists from the country? Will this reduce black-on-black crime in Chicago?

No.
Hell No.
Absolutely Not.
Of Course Not.
#### No.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A few nuts rambling, meh. The problem is that they are educators and influencers. They have some clout. They say they want to have an honest discussion, then they shut down anyone who says something they don't want to hear with, "That's racist!" and refuse to even entertain the notion. That's pretty much the opposite of honest discussion.

They say they want a colorblind world, then everything with them is black people this and white people that. Seeing everything through the prism of race is, of course, the opposite of colorblind.

I'm not sure how we can solve these "problems" if we can't even talk about them. One of the panelists said, "We just want white people to listen to us." Great. We've been listening to you for decades. Now what?

Hijinx

A few nuts rambling, meh. The problem is that they are educators and influencers. They have some clout. They say they want to have an honest discussion, then they shut down anyone who says something they don't want to hear with, "That's racist!" and refuse to even entertain the notion. That's pretty much the opposite of honest discussion.

They say they want a colorblind world, then everything with them is black people this and white people that. Seeing everything through the prism of race is, of course, the opposite of colorblind.

I'm not sure how we can solve these "problems" if we can't even talk about them. One of the panelists said, "We just want white people to listen to us." Great. We've been listening to you for decades. Now what?

Certainly this panel was a one sided affair, but yet they call it a panel on race relations.
Sorry it was another Whine and moan event.

PsyOps

Pixelated
A few nuts rambling, meh. The problem is that they are educators and influencers.

And that's where I am concerned. They have a huge influence over our skulls-full-o-mush; brainwashing our youth into becoming radical activists, rather than educating them to be productive workers in our society. Many will get elected into our government.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And that's where I am concerned. They have a huge influence over our skulls-full-o-mush; brainwashing our youth into becoming radical activists, rather than educating them to be productive workers in our society. Many will get elected into our government.

When the one professor shut down the kid who asked the question she didn't like, there was resounding applause.

Her: I'm not even going to dignify that question with a response! That's just racist garbage!
Mush heads: Yay! *applause* Hooray!

So that's what's passing for higher education these days.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
of course they did ... because African Americans do not get enough #### or opportunities

I'm not interested in blanket statements like that. We all know black people who are solid citizens, who work and support their families, don't get into trouble, and don't expect a handout.

But see what these people instigate and encourage? Ms. "That's just racist garbage!" is a racist herself - against both whites AND blacks. Here she sits on her throne with her bully pulpit, insisting that no other black person can possibly rise to her level of achievement, and therefore must be compensated. I'm sure if someone pointed that out to her, she would be offended and refuse to even entertain the notion of such racism!

:drama: