Democratic Party may suffer another herpetic outbreak in 2020

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The messages convey a sense of urgency, and are coming with increasing frequency. They are short, focused reactions to the latest “outrage” committed by President Trump.
Some end by asking for money, some urge participation in protests. All read as if they are sent from the official headquarters of the resistance.
Hillary Clinton is up to something.
Five times in the last month alone, she sent e-mails touting her super PAC’s role in combating President Trump. Most seized on headline events, such as the family-separation issue at the southern border.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/is-hillary-clinton-secretly-planning-to-run-in-2020/

Hijinx

The messages convey a sense of urgency, and are coming with increasing frequency. They are short, focused reactions to the latest “outrage” committed by President Trump.
Some end by asking for money, some urge participation in protests. All read as if they are sent from the official headquarters of the resistance.
Hillary Clinton is up to something.
Five times in the last month alone, she sent e-mails touting her super PAC’s role in combating President Trump. Most seized on headline events, such as the family-separation issue at the southern border.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/is-hillary-clinton-secretly-planning-to-run-in-2020/

It is certainly easy to believe that Hillary would like to run again.
What isn't so easy to believe is that the Democrat party would be stupid enough to run with her again.
It is true they have no one else lined up, but Hillary??? Insanity.

SamSpade

Historically - things bode very poorly for her. With Trump gaining - and losing - approval ratings, Hillary's data hasn't moved.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...president-two-or-four/?utm_term=.c854d67ba75e

There's also the fact that - you really can't sit on your hands for four years and just whine about losing.
In *recent* memory, there's only candidate who lost an election and came back to run again -
(earlier in our history, there are quite a few). That's Nixon.
Nixon did at least win, but in a squeaker that he likely would have lost without Wallace.
(Or especially, had RFK not been shot).

I remember before Obama came along - delivering the DNC keynote in 2004 - all eyes were looking at Hillary.
Once he began running in earnest - she was toast. It really didn't matter how big a war chest she'd built
or how far her influence ran in parties across the country. The nation wanted to elect its first black President,
and the Democrats were thrilled to run him. Almost 10 *million* more people turned out to vote that
hadn't cast a ballot in 2004 - and the number dropped off a bit in 2012.

Your article does point out - both Joe and Bernie are almost certainly too old, and none of the others
often brought up as alternatives are scoring big among the voters. They may like to TALK about
Warren - or Harris - or Booker - are generating any buzz, and Hillary's primary support came from people who
didn't want *Trump* - which was her primary and seemingly only selling point on the stump. Vote for me,
I am not Donald Trump. I don't know a single Democrat who voted for her that said they wanted her in
office. Zero.

I don't think four years of whining and puling and doing nothing of significance besides write books about
losing is improving her situation.

I'm not sure she can even win in a primary - even if it's just Martin O'Malley.

Hijinx

Historically - things bode very poorly for her. With Trump gaining - and losing - approval ratings, Hillary's data hasn't moved.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...president-two-or-four/?utm_term=.c854d67ba75e

There's also the fact that - you really can't sit on your hands for four years and just whine about losing.
In *recent* memory, there's only candidate who lost an election and came back to run again -
(earlier in our history, there are quite a few). That's Nixon.
Nixon did at least win, but in a squeaker that he likely would have lost without Wallace.
(Or especially, had RFK not been shot).

I remember before Obama came along - delivering the DNC keynote in 2004 - all eyes were looking at Hillary.
Once he began running in earnest - she was toast. It really didn't matter how big a war chest she'd built
or how far her influence ran in parties across the country. The nation wanted to elect its first black President,
and the Democrats were thrilled to run him. Almost 10 *million* more people turned out to vote that
hadn't cast a ballot in 2004 - and the number dropped off a bit in 2012.

Your article does point out - both Joe and Bernie are almost certainly too old, and none of the others
often brought up as alternatives are scoring big among the voters. They may like to TALK about
Warren - or Harris - or Booker - are generating any buzz, and Hillary's primary support came from people who
didn't want *Trump* - which was her primary and seemingly only selling point on the stump. Vote for me,
I am not Donald Trump. I don't know a single Democrat who voted for her that said they wanted her in
office. Zero.

I don't think four years of whining and puling and doing nothing of significance besides write books about
losing is improving her situation.

Oh Man: Just mentioning Martin O'Malley turned my stomach.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The bots will do as they're told. If they are told to vote for Hillary, that's exactly what they will do and she will certainly win the primary. Then she will go on to get stomped hard in the general because there aren't a whole lot of them left, definitely not enough to win a national election.

In their all-consuming hatred and rage, they're forgetting their Alinsky discipline and alienating voters.

SamSpade

The bots will do as they're told. If they are told to vote for Hillary, that's exactly what they will do and she will certainly win the primary.

Color me skeptical - she actually had a challenging race against a heretofore unknown old guy from Vermont.
At the start, everyone thought him TOKEN opposition - and had not the DNC stacked the odds against him, he might well have WON.

She's even less desirable as a candidate having lost TWICE (although one of them was a nomination race to Obama).
I think the Democratic establishment has to know, she's a losing proposition.

They'll rig it against her.

Hijinx

Color me skeptical - she actually had a challenging race against a heretofore unknown old guy from Vermont.
At the start, everyone thought him TOKEN opposition - and had not the DNC stacked the odds against him, he might well have WON.

She's even less desirable as a candidate having lost TWICE (although one of them was a nomination race to Obama).
I think the Democratic establishment has to know, she's a losing proposition.

They'll rig it against her.

Maybe they will run her for Vice President if they can find a person stupid enough to run for President.
He won't last 6 months before there is a state funeral.

SamSpade

Maybe they will run her for Vice President if they can find a person stupid enough to run for President.

I remember making the remark back when people suggested that Obama make Hillary his running mate -
and I quipped "would YOU want the only thing stopping Hillary from the Presidency to be your still beating heart?".

littlelady

God bless the USA

I remember making the remark back when people suggested that Obama make Hillary his running mate -
and I quipped "would YOU want the only thing stopping Hillary from the Presidency to be your still beating heart?".

Bang! RIP, Judge Scalia. I never understood why there was no autopsy done. It makes no sense.

Last edited:

BOP

A friend of one of my lib/prog relatives posted on her FB that they should run uncle Joe with the Won as Veep...and suggested that it wouldn't be long before Obummer could step into the driver's seat once more. The thought had actually occurred to me, but that was before the left began showing its ugly, violent tendencies.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Exactly. No Presidential nominee would choose her for VP, unless that was the plan and the only way they could get her in the seat.

I feel sorry for Hillary Clinton on some level. In her zeal for power, she has effed up her life royally and is now left with nothing. Karma, man.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Exactly. No Presidential nominee would choose her for VP, unless that was the plan and the only way they could get her in the seat.

I feel sorry for Hillary Clinton on some level. In her zeal for power, she has effed up her life royally and is now left with nothing. Karma, man.

It's not just her.

Every leftist has this fantasy utopia in their head that they are sure will exist as soon as they step on enough of these unruly peasants to clear the way.