Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know this is an anne arundel county decision but it happens in so many elections

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Because he was not only not found guilty in court - the charge was revoked?
    I wouldn't want a LE officer out there who WAS guilty of any such thing - but .....

I had a roommate who had a rather tumultuous relationship with his girlfriend of many years.
    They had a three year old girl. She ditched him and went to live with another guy - actually
    more like a household of guys. I don't know what he ever saw in her - he was a good father,
    and one day he and I actually saw his little girl walking around downtown alone. Three years old.
    Mom was miles away. Best case we can figure is, she forgot her daughter and went home.

Anyway - she visited our downstairs neighbor - and roomie went to see her. And they
    got busy. She went home to her boyfriend - who beat her black and blue. So....

She charged my roommate with rape. He was taken from our home in chains. The whole
    neighborhood watched. Of course, they did the tests and at least initially looked guilty,
    but forensics is a LITTLE better than that, and once the word of the downstairs neighbor
    and witnesses got out that she left their home perfectly fine, the police easily figured out what
    had happened. And they let him go.

But - not so among our other neighbors who had watched him arrested. As far as they were
    concerned - he was a rapist. He bore THAT title for years. When people heard he wasn't being charged,
    the reaction was swift - he'd gotten AWAY with it.

So while I don't always have a lot of faith in the system - I give people the benefit of a doubt
    especially when they AREN'T FOUND GUILTY of anything.
    I know a woman that went to Bermuda with a man she was dating at the time, she called me the second night they were on the island and they were drinking on the beach and he got pissed off and kicked her ass on the beach.
    She flew home the next morning on my dime and the following week he was stupid and answered his front door. He was beat with a bat until he was just a lump on the floor of his living room. He had multiple broken ribs, his sternum, collar bone and a few fingers. He never called the police. This should happen to every man that puts his hands on a women or a child.
    Every girl should have a brother, this is just one of the reasons I have zero tolerance for domestic violence.
    Men need to keep their hands off women.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I know a woman that went to Bermuda with a man she was dating at the time, she called me the second night they were on the island and they were drinking on the beach and he got pissed off and kicked her ass on the beach.
    She flew home the next morning on my dime and the following week he was stupid and answered his front door. He was beat with a bat until he was just a lump on the floor of his living room. He had multiple broken ribs, his sternum, collar bone and a few fingers. He never called the police. This should happen to every man that puts his hands on a women or a child.
    Every girl should have a brother, this is just one of the reasons I have zero tolerance for domestic violence.
    It's a great story, but it sounds fictitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    It's a great story, but it sounds fictitious.

Easy peasy,,.
    Work over a female family member or a bestie of mine and find out if it's true or false.
    There are those who lean forward and there are those who do nothing.
    If you ever meet any of my friends or family members, simply ask them if I lean forward or do nothing.

Soooooo, it's a good thing to beat your spouse?

Who would vote for a LEO in any form that has a background of domestic violence?

One would think that when the wife withdrew her charges the State would have picked them up. Maybe State Attorneys office nullification..
    well, I think you missed my point OR I didnt relay the more pressing issue.....Ron has been the Sheriff for years and HAD a good run. Fredericks is a pencil neck man who lost an election for State Delegate and was passed over several times for the position of Captain...He even had to sue the County to get promoted to Lt. Now it appears once again the power of the media and how a second rate Lt. may now be the Sheriff due to dirty campaign. Go early, go dirty...
    to demonstrate absurdity, sometimes one must be absurd

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    You and I can't vote there anyway so it is up to Anne Arundel if they want a pencil pushing office boy or a Democrat. If the Democrat is smart and a good candidate, he has a great opportunity here to win an election.
    Exactly. Most likely the best candidate anyway. Not in a any boys club. Keeps to himself. Doesn't owe anyone anything. Being Sheriff is more of an administrative position/job than anything else. So having "pushed a pencil" for so long is could actually be a benefit to the running and organization of the Sheriff's Office. If there is division in the ranks because leadership, it would seem to have a new Sheriff that is not part of one side or another would be a good thing to bring cohesion to the ranks. Just because he's not a bullet proof vest wearing, fatigue covered, side arm strapped to the thigh, muscle bound running on steroids, running around with a chip on his shoulder deputy or officer, does not mean he is not up for the job of being Sheriff.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by gregv814 View Post
    well, i think you missed my point or i didnt relay the more pressing issue.....ron has been the sheriff for years and had a good run. Fredericks has been nominated by the republicans of anne arundel county.
    fify
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

If I may ...

Oh, and Bateman himself was a democrat as well before he switched parties in 2015 right before running for re-election. So, maybe they'll get a real republican this time?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by GregV814 View Post
    well, I think you missed my point OR I didnt relay the more pressing issue.....Ron has been the Sheriff for years and HAD a good run. Fredericks is a pencil neck man who lost an election for State Delegate and was passed over several times for the position of Captain...He even had to sue the County to get promoted to Lt. Now it appears once again the power of the media and how a second rate Lt. may now be the Sheriff due to dirty campaign. Go early, go dirty...
    Seems it's only pressing to you, Tell your friend Ron not to beat his wife.

You won't get an argument from me.
    Thirty years ago, a frat president repeatedly raped and beat and burned my little sister until she was black and blue.
    After three hours - she got away. Reported it - and no one believed her because the kid was rich and had a good rep.
    Took it to trial - and she had an affidavit from his ROOMMATE who had been hiding under the bed during the ordeal
    because he knew how violent his roomie was. Guy got ten years. She was beaten so badly the cop taking her pictures threw up.

My family chose to tell me much later after it happened - because they knew I'd get my friends together
    and beat him until he begged for death.

If you're guilty - you deserve what's coming. That's what justice means to me - you get what you deserve.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Easy peasy,,.
    Work over a female family member or a bestie of mine and find out if it's true or false.
    There are those who lean forward and there are those who do nothing.
    If you ever meet any of my friends or family members, simply ask them if I lean forward or do nothing.
    Yah, yah, Yah the anonymous forumite says.

Members who have read this thread: 58