Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So much for separation of Church and State (if it ever did exist)

So much for separation of Church and State (if it ever did exist)

4 more "union members" stumping for a candidate???? Where's the somd outrage???

Priests' attendance at Trump rally causes furor

The attendance of four Roman Catholic priests from Montana at President Donald Trump's political rally in Great Falls Thursday has created a social media firestorm and apparently incurred the displeasure of the priests' superiors in the church.

The four, who were seated near the front of the rally, wore their clerical garb, carried "Make America Great Again" signs, and wore VIP badges. They clapped for Trump as he doubled down on his oft-repeated slur of Sen. Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas," mocked the #MeToo movement, and questioned the meaning of former Republican President George H.W. Bush's "Thousand Points of Light" slogan.
    Bishop Michael William Warfel, Bishop of the Great Falls-Billings diocese, answered a query about the priests' attendance on Facebook by saying, "I was not aware that these priests would be in attendance at the rally at which President Trump spoke. Two were from the diocese of Great Falls-Billings and two were from the Diocese of Helena. I will be contacting the two priests from this diocese.

"While they are free to support a political candidate — and I believe they were there in support of Matt Rosendale, who is running for the Senate seat from Montana — they should not have been attired in clerical garb and seated in such a prominent location. I myself had been invited to attend the rally but declined. It has been my experience that people can be manipulated and used unwittingly. I judge that it was an imprudent decision on their parts to allow themselves to be used in such a way though I suspect they had not thought of this. In Christ, Bishop Warfel."

Nonsense. How was the 1st amendment violated?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

So much for separation of Church and State (if it ever did exist)

You dont get how that works, do you?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clin...ry?id=41959794

The church ( and the members thereof) can root for whomever they please. The thing about the seperation you were bleating about says that the govt cannot establish a religion. Did Trump say he was going to stand one up and I missed it?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    4 more "union members" stumping for a candidate???? Where's the somd outrage???

Priests' attendance at Trump rally causes furor
    You poor clueless bitch...you have not a clue.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Trans is just confused. Progs never did understand what the separation of church and State actually means. You can't blame her, she appears to be of below average intelligence. Trump being the most effective president we've had since Reagan, really gets her worked up...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry...

#AryanLivesMatterMost

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you're pretty much a fountain of useless stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    Trans is just confused. Progs never did understand what the separation of church and State actually means. You can't blame her, she appears to be of below average intelligence. .
    I understand what it means...and I'm agnostic! Well..OK..truth be told..I'm Druid..but in any event, I clearly understand what the founders meant and intended. It's not that hard to grasp!! Unless you are like Tranny..
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    Trans is just confused. Progs never did understand what the separation of church and State actually means. You can't blame her, she appears to be of below average intelligence. Trump being the most effective president we've had since Reagan, really gets her worked up...
    When a priest takes his vows does he give up his first amendment rights? I don't think so.

Blog Entries
    Wait, aren't they the same ones who insist it's only moral and Christian to throw our borders open and let anyone who wants to come rolling in? That that's what Jesus would want us to do?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Wait, aren't they the same ones who insist it's only moral and Christian to throw our borders open and let anyone who wants to come rolling in? That that's what Jesus would want us to do?
    Until he completes the legal process, I prefer Jesus stay in Mexico.

Can someone direct me to the passage in the constitution that says... "separation of church and state"?

Members who have read this thread: 62