Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 137

Thread: POTUS Trump Nominates Judge Brett Kavanaugh to SCOTUS

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I think it's Hillary.....
    According to the Gender Pronouns List your sentence should read one of the following:

    I think zis Hillary
    I think hir Hillary
    I think eir Hillary
    I think vis Hillary
    I think tem Hillary

    I think I will go with a modified version of 'zis'"

    I think zit Hillary
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    26,945
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    According to the Gender Pronouns List your sentence should read one of the following:

    I think zis Hillary
    I think hir Hillary
    I think eir Hillary
    I think vis Hillary
    I think tem Hillary

    I think I will go with a modified version of 'zis'"

    I think zit Hillary
    I will be using the same old pronouns I have always used just as I will always call Bruce Jenner , he and Him,and they can stick this stupid sh1t where the sun don't shine.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    and if he had been there would have been a contentious debate and questioning.
    Lets not pretend that the right isn't EXACTLY the same as the left with respect to playing stupid political games.
    With regard to the choosing of a Supreme Court Justice - I sincerely beg to differ.
    The left started it with Bork - they created a ridiculous kangaroo court with Thomas, and I don't want to begin with the absord
    stuff they printed in the press about him.

    They have challenged EVERY single nomination of SCOTUS nominees since then, even though the right has been - with one
    notable exception - gracious in allowing the left's nominees to more or less sail through the process.

    CURRENTLY we have a wave of protest against the nominee - EVEN BEFORE IT WAS ANNOUNCED.
    You cannot make the case that this was a fair and reasoned response.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  4. #44
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    12,685
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    With regard to the choosing of a Supreme Court Justice - I sincerely beg to differ.
    The left started it with Bork - they created a ridiculous kangaroo court with Thomas, and I don't want to begin with the absord
    stuff they printed in the press about him.

    They have challenged EVERY single nomination of SCOTUS nominees since then, even though the right has been - with one
    notable exception - gracious in allowing the left's nominees to more or less sail through the process.

    CURRENTLY we have a wave of protest against the nominee - EVEN BEFORE IT WAS ANNOUNCED.
    You cannot make the case that this was a fair and reasoned response.

    Since Bork the only time the GOP held the senate while a Dem potus made a SCOTUS nomination was Garland.

    Not to mention the Dems confirmed the majority of GOP nominations and only a couple were really all that contentious
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  5. #45
    "Even Clinton's and Obama's nominees made it through Congress rather easily."

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    you re kidding right? Was garland confirmed when i wasn't looking?
    Are you seeing it yet? Is it sinking in yet?
    Need another hint? Here ya go...which house refused to move forward on the Garland nomination? Which house was never given the opportunity? You need to pay closer attention to these Civics classes. You're failing miserably...

  6. #46
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    12,685
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUSA View Post
    "Even Clinton's and Obama's nominees made it through Congress rather easily."



    Are you seeing it yet? Is it sinking in yet?
    Need another hint? Here ya go...which house refused to move forward on the Garland nomination? Which house was never given the opportunity? You need to pay closer attention to these Civics classes. You're failing miserably...
    this ought to be good......


    Break the process down for the class.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Since Bork the only time the GOP held the senate while a Dem potus made a SCOTUS nomination was Garland.

    Not to mention the Dems confirmed the majority of GOP nominations and only a couple were really all that contentious
    Prior to Bork - most SCOTUS nominees sailed through confirmation.

    SINCE Bork -
    David Souter
    (born 1939)
    NH Associate
    Justice
    Brennan October 2, 1990
    (90–9)
    October 9, 1990

    June 29, 2009
    (Retired)
    18 years, 263 days George H. W. Bush
    106 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...S_portrait.jpg Clarence Thomas
    (born 1948)
    GA Associate
    Justice
    T. Marshall October 15, 1991
    (52–48)
    October 23, 1991

    Incumbent
    26 years, 260 days[o]
    107 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...6_portrait.jpg Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    (born 1933)
    NY Associate
    Justice
    B. White August 3, 1993
    (96–3)
    August 10, 1993

    Incumbent
    24 years, 334 days[o] Bill Clinton
    108 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...o_portrait.jpg Stephen Breyer
    (born 1938)
    MA Associate
    Justice
    Blackmun July 29, 1994
    (87–9)
    August 3, 1994

    Incumbent
    23 years, 341 days[o]
    109 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...roberts_CJ.jpg John Roberts
    (born 1955)
    MD Chief
    Justice
    Rehnquist September 29, 2005
    (78–22)
    September 29, 2005

    Incumbent
    12 years, 284 days[o] George W. Bush
    110 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...cial_photo.jpg Samuel Alito
    (born 1950)
    NJ Associate
    Justice
    O'Connor January 31, 2006
    (58–42)
    January 31, 2006

    Incumbent
    12 years, 160 days[o]
    111 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...COTUS_robe.jpg Sonia Sotomayor
    (born 1954)
    NY Associate
    Justice
    Souter August 6, 2009
    (68–31)
    August 8, 2009

    Incumbent
    8 years, 336 days[o] Barack Obama
    112 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...%282013%29.jpg Elena Kagan
    (born 1960)
    MA Associate
    Justice
    Stevens August 5, 2010
    (63–37)
    August 7, 2010

    Incumbent
    7 years, 337 days[o]
    113 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...l_Portrait.jpg Neil Gorsuch
    (born 1967)

    CO Associate
    Justice
    Scalia April 7, 2017
    (54–45)


    Since Bork - the left has vigorously opposed EVERY appointment by the right - while the right has more or less been gracious about it, voting in Breyer and Ginsburg
    with barely a peep and Kagan and Sotomayor with only small opposition.

    As opposed to the fight over Gorsuch, Alito and Thomas.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  8. #48
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    124,064
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    I saw Ken Starr last night on a show and he was positively beaming with enthusiasm for this nomination.
    I don't know anything about him, but I do expect Republicans to cheer and Democrats to boo. Wouldn't matter who was tapped, that's what they'd do. The Dems had their "I hate you" speeches already prepared, all they had to do was plug in a name.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  9. #49
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    124,064
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Thomas.
    This was a freaking disgrace, and there is still a certain ad rep who owes me $100 because she was certain that this charade was going to tank the Thomas nomination.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I don't know anything about him, but I do expect Republicans to cheer and Democrats to boo. Wouldn't matter who was tapped, that's what they'd do. The Dems had their "I hate you" speeches already prepared, all they had to do was plug in a name.
    Which apparently - ABC was prepared to do, having mistakenly released a piece with "XXX" in the place of the nominee, because the article was written BEFORE the announcement.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 72

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |