Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Trump Nominates Judge Brett Kavanaugh to SCOTUS

I keep forgetting the right turned into the worlds biggest group of self appointed victims and pussies.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post

I keep forgetting the right turned into the worlds biggest group of self appointed victims and pussies.
    That ^ roughly translates from Obtusian to English as: "OK..OK..ya got me. I'll deflect and divert now." Amirite?
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That ^ roughly translates from Obtusian to English as: "OK..OK..ya got me. I'll deflect and divert now." Amirite?
    No, you are pretty far from right. You claim he is being dragged through the mud, but that link shows people talking about his policies and what might happen if he is confirmed. I didn’t see any attacks on the man, just his positions.

Like I said, only a pussy or self appointed victim would see that as ‘the ugliness already starting’. Considering you are both, it’s not surprising you see it that way.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

N I didnít see any attacks on the man, just his positions..
    A true marvel you are...achieving "obtuse" at heretofore unforeseen levels

A true marvel you are...achieving "obtuse" at heretofore unforeseen levels
    Bwhahahaha

How dare the left take issues with the guys policies and decisions. That’s about as evil as it gets.

Show me.

There was no ugliness with Gorsuch, just a hearing and confirmation.
    Sure there was - maybe, to you, it is a matter of degree...

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...osition-236096

and others.

As it happened - he was confirmed - every Republican voted for, every Democrat - except for three - voted against.
    Those three - Heitcamp, Manchin and Donnelly - all Democrats who represent states Trump won.
    54-45. Closest confirmation vote other than Clarence Thomas in 70 some years.

I keep trying to make the point that at a point in the past - we very rarely have anywhere NEAR close votes.
    Sometimes it was even done by voice vote - with no one disagreeing. Confirming a SCOTUS appointee was
    NOT a political thing. It's taken the modern era where the left uses courts to do an end around Congress for
    it to be a problem.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I keep trying to make the point that at a point in the past - we very rarely have anywhere NEAR close votes..
    And MR's impenetrable force field of obtuseness will keep effectively deflecting your every attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Sure there was - maybe, to you, it is a matter of degree...

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...osition-236096

and others.

As it happened - he was confirmed - every Republican voted for, every Democrat - except for three - voted against.
    Those three - Heitcamp, Manchin and Donnelly - all Democrats who represent states Trump won.
    54-45. Closest confirmation vote other than Clarence Thomas in 70 some years.

I keep trying to make the point that at a point in the past - we very rarely have anywhere NEAR close votes.
    Sometimes it was even done by voice vote - with no one disagreeing. Confirming a SCOTUS appointee was
    NOT a political thing. It's taken the modern era where the left uses courts to do an end around Congress for
    it to be a problem.
    and I keep pointing out the reality, that there were. It’s like you are just ignoring the history.
    Rutledge was rejected 10-14 under Washington.
    Taney was postponed after a 24-21 vote.

and I keep pointing out the reality, that there were. It’s like you are just ignoring the history.
    Rutledge was rejected 10-14 under Washington.
    Taney was postponed after a 24-21 vote.
    And in the 200 years since then?...

And in the 200 years since then?...
    A long list of close votes, postponements, rejections, withdrawns and no actions.

Members who have read this thread: 72