Thread: futile legislation or past due

futile legislation or past due

Would passage of the Unmasking Antifa act be unfair to the ones wearing masks or should the KKK members that were prosecuted for very similar actions be exonerated?

"The wearing of a mask is an act of self-defense often necessary to ensure one's right to free speech."

https://splinternews.com/republican-...are-1827490921

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...-unmasking-law
    Last edited by nutz; 07-11-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

I find it wrong on many levels. My actual first reaction is to wonder why so many Democrats feel the need to hide their faces when they protest something - whether it is the ironically-named ANTIFA or KKK, Democrats just seem to not be able to stand behind their own positions.

My second reaction, after reading the wording, is that this "bill" would equally inhibit law enforcement from the masks they wear routinely in raids.

The fact is that we do not have the right to incite riots - that is against the law, and not protected by the Constitution. I see no value in threatening people just for wearing masks. I see much more value in prosecuting those who incite riots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

Please pin this for future reference

Pinned, as requested.....

A compromise might be in order.

Wearing a mask, not a crime. Wearing a mask while committing ANY crime penalty is get shot in the face with a 12 Gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    A compromise might be in order.

Wearing a mask, not a crime. Wearing a mask while committing ANY crime penalty is get shot in the face with a 12 Gauge.
    Unfortunately, that was not one of the options. :) BTW, no one is making the wearing of a mask criminal, committing a crime AND wearing a mask is the issue.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I find it wrong on many levels. My actual first reaction is to wonder why so many Democrats feel the need to hide their faces when they protest something
    Because their intent is not to protest; their intent is to instigate and commit violence. They hide their faces for obvious reasons: they're cowards and they don't want to be identified.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Because their intent is not to protest; their intent is to instigate and commit violence. They hide their faces for obvious reasons: they're cowards and they don't want to be identified.
    Right. They know their position is wrong (subconsciously, even), and they don't want their identity outed for having that position. When they started the KKK through today, this seems to be the standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

Please pin this for future reference

Pinned, as requested.....

Yep, if they can surface examples of the govt restricting someones FA rights becuase they were NOt wearing a mask, we can talk, but this notion that you can only speak freely when you are anonmous is BS.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 29