Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Angela Merkel hits back at Donald Trump

Angela Merkel hits back at Donald Trump

Angela Merkel has pushed back against Donald Trump’s extraordinary tirade against Germany on the first day of the Nato summit in Brussels, denying her country was “totally controlled” by Russia and saying it made its own independent decisions and policies.

In less blunt language than the US president’s, the German chancellor made the point that she needed no lessons in dealing with authoritarian regimes, recalling she had been brought up in East Germany when it had been part of the Soviet Union’s sphere of influence.

Arriving at Nato headquarters only hours after Trump singled out Germany for criticism, Merkel said: “I have experienced myself how a part of Germany was controlled by the Soviet Union. I am very happy that today we are united in freedom, the Federal Republic of Germany. Because of that we can say that we can make our independent policies and make independent decisions. That is very good, especially for people in eastern Germany.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ve-of-russians

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Angela Merkel has pushed back against Donald Trump’s extraordinary tirade against Germany on the first day of the Nato summit in Brussels, denying her country was “totally controlled” by Russia and saying it made its own independent decisions and policies.

In less blunt language than the US president’s, the German chancellor made the point that she needed no lessons in dealing with authoritarian regimes, recalling she had been brought up in East Germany when it had been part of the Soviet Union’s sphere of influence.

Arriving at Nato headquarters only hours after Trump singled out Germany for criticism, Merkel said: “I have experienced myself how a part of Germany was controlled by the Soviet Union. I am very happy that today we are united in freedom, the Federal Republic of Germany. Because of that we can say that we can make our independent policies and make independent decisions. That is very good, especially for people in eastern Germany.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ve-of-russians
    Kinda makes you wonder who was responsible for uniting them doesn't it?

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Leave the Reagan/Bush policies of the 80's out of this.......
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Leave the Reagan/Bush policies of the 80's out of this.......
    Well If Merkel hit Trump--it was a glancing blow that Trump probably laughed at.

Apparently, she longs for the good ol' days of Soviet Rule

Themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Themselves?
    Would never had happened without the implosion of the old USSR by being bankrupted by the US.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Well If Merkel hit Trump--it was a glancing blow that Trump probably laughed at.
    Trump was absolutely in the right to throw down on Merkle and Germany for dissing tyheir partners and dancing with the devil. Merkle is in her right to handle international affairs for her sovereign country as she sees fit. It's way past time for Europe to foot the vast majority of the expense for their defense and economies and not suck off the US taxpayer teat..

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Trump was absolutely in the right to throw down on Merkle and Germany for dissing tyheir partners and dancing with the devil. Merkle is in her right to handle international affairs for her sovereign country as she sees fit. It's way past time for Europe to foot the vast majority of the expense for their defense and economies and not suck off the US taxpayer teat..
    Might want to check your slip...your ignorance and stupidity is showing.

Members who have read this thread: 48