Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: well, lets run it up the flagpole....

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I got my IT career start working on the NIMMS/NIFMS(Later DIFMS) contract. Quite a few people cycled through that contract over the years. It wasn't unheard of to run into another IT geek that at some point left fingerprints on those programs. When we worked in our own building, we'd have various pot luck lunches that were a lot of fun. Plenty of good, smart people trying to satisfy fluid government requirements.

Sadly that was the only division that got the axe with the early 2000s BRAC. Then over the next few years everyone scattered to the 4 winds and the work was shipped out to DFAS in Indianapolis.
    My IT career began on the NIMS/NIFMS project as well! The pot luck lunches were most certainly the highlight events in a high-stress environment. We even had this one dude who would bring in platters of carved fruits and veggies... pineapple trees, swans and rose radishes really fru fru'd the events.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    My IT career began on the NIMS/NIFMS project as well! The pot luck lunches were most certainly the highlight events in a high-stress environment. We even had this one dude who would bring in platters of carved fruits and veggies... pineapple trees, swans and rose radishes really fru fru'd the events.
    I know a guy who made finger sammiches with REAL fingers.

I worked on NIMS/NIFMS too, but very briefly. I think it was maybe a month and that was as long as I could stand it. Guh!

No wire hangers, ever! gemma_rae's Avatar
    Is this dude on an Excellent Adventure in a RV?

(asking for a friend)
    Don't f**k with me fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo. ~ Joan Crawford

Blog Entries
    We even had this one dude who would bring in platters of carved fruits and veggies... pineapple trees, swans and rose radishes really fru fru'd the events.
    Did he make a bird out of an apple?

I think I know that guy.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Which Country Store?
    the bar Country Store

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Which building?
    Off Base, here in Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If I like someone online I usually would like to meet them in person. We used to have open Meet & Greets on Friday and a good number of people would show up. It was always fun to put a face with a name and make new friends.

I've met many of my best friends through the forums.

Last edited by GURPS; 07-20-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

6. 07-20-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post

Off Base, here in Hollywood

I never go over to any of those buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Members who have read this thread: 77