well, lets run it up the flagpole....

SamSpade

Its a small world, we all know that. And sadly, with computers, some of us have become faceless commodities pecking out words on a screen in total anonymity. So maybe we can branch out a bit and sort of compare notes. For instance, I worked at Snede's, Keypoint Govt Solutions as an investigator at Pax River and Webster Field. I worked at the auction house in St. Leonard..... maybe we have bumped into each other without even knowing it.. Where have you worked or had a hobby?

I'm pretty sure I have described my children well enough that I ought to be recognized in public by just about anyone who goes anywhere in the county.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I worked for the Tester, then Channel 10, then started Somd.com in 1996. Up until around 1998 I worked at Bambino's and filled in at a few Solomons restaurants, so I may have served your table at some point. Hopefully you tipped well. :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not counting those that I have actually met and now know, I would guess that I have crossed paths with glhs, since we used to work in the same building. Perhaps Gilligan, too, just from old hang outs.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I have met some forumites over my time here. When we moved to Calvert in 1998, I never had to work, again. But, I did a lot of volunteering at CMH emergency room, Farming 4 Hunger, and in my childrens’ schools. I have no doubt that I have come in contact with members here.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Meet Beazlbaby and Mystical Mom @ the Country Store many moons ago
Met Dems(4u) when she was trying to get her boat sorted

I Coordinated Some Meet and Greets, back in 2011 / 2012

Foxhound
Bann
Dee Jay
Psyops
BCP
From Texas
Frequent Flyer
Dgates 80

and others that came along because they knew Dee Jay

I saw With Respect here at work one day, in for some sort of Pax thing ... in 2016, other than, if someone in my building is on here, I know not who.

Gilligan assisted me with MC 2100 Issues on my Wagoneer

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Foxhound
Bann
Dee Jay
Psyops
BCP
From Texas
Frequent Flyer
Dgates 80

I saw With Respect here at work one day, in for some sort of Pax thing ... in 2016, other than, if someone in my building is on here, I know not who.

Which building?

luvmygdaughters

Foxhound
Bann
Dee Jay
Psyops
BCP
From Texas
Frequent Flyer
Dgates 80

Which Country Store?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was sitting at the bar at Outback in Frederick, MD with the ex and we were talking about my work. The guy sitting next to us said, "Are you Vraiblonde?" Turns out he was on travel from Pax and was a long time lurker.

They're everywhere! :jameo:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I wouldn't want to meet anyone on the forums.

Everyone seems to be crazy.

SamSpade

I wouldn't want to meet anyone on the forums.

Everyone seems to be crazy.

I think after all these years - the wish to meet people I'm talking to online has worn out its allure.
That, and I do know a few anyway.

Still think I would have like to have met Tilted. He was just way too smart not to want to talk to.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think after all these years - the wish to meet people I'm talking to online has worn out its allure.
That, and I do know a few anyway.

Still think I would have like to have met Tilted. He was just way too smart not to want to talk to.

FromTexas was a really smart character too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I knew him years ago, was good friends with his brother. Who he is on here matches up with how I remember him back then.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

If I like someone online I usually would like to meet them in person. We used to have open Meet & Greets on Friday and a good number of people would show up. It was always fun to put a face with a name and make new friends.

I've met many of my best friends through the forums.