Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lex Park keeping it classy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    This is so true. I remember St. Mary's College wanting to build a pedestrian bridge over Rt. 5 because it seemed that the young adults weren't able to cross Rt. 5 safely.
    College students (!) who cannot cross the street!!! And it's not like that's even a busy road down there!!!

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    College students (!) who cannot cross the street!!! And it's not like that's even a busy road down there!!!

Doesn't have to be busy when it takes them 10 minutes to stagger across a two lane road in an alcohol haze while fumbling with their phone.

Translation?
    Challenge accepted.

Ok I’m a white Male that was there I saw the whole thing The little girl was that the ice cream truck getting candy she star walking away from eyes came truck delayed I the old lady Was speeding going over 40 miles an hour and struck the little girl dragged her underneath the truck the old lady was not going to stop No one beat old lady The one male there was upset in yelling and everything else was her Uncle who was yelling at the cops because they were blocking to get to the house where the little girl was at see people had a run Back-and-forth from the ambulance to the house to take care of the little girl
    I am a white male who saw the whole thing. The littel girl got some candy from the ice cream truck and started walking away. (Unintelligable) The old lady was going over 40 and drug the little girl, was not going to stop. nobody assaulted the old lady. One relative was only yelling at the old lady while her uncle was yelling at the cops becuase they were keeping EMS from getting to the house where the girl was, so EMs had to run back and forth to0 help the girl.
    Now, we have some logical inconsitencies within the statement, never mind that they dont line up with reality and offically reported facts.

1. If the old lady wasnt going to stop, no 10 year old being drug would do it, and at 40, not much else besides another viehicle or a crowd of people jamming up the wheels were. Yet, she did stop.

2. Any 10 year old hit and drug by an SUV going 40 is dead. Certainly not going to be released from the hospital the next day. Also, his ability to accirately asses the speed of a moving vehicle without advanced training or measuring equipment is suspect.

3. If the officers were keeping EMS from the scene, that means that the officers felt is was not yet a safe environment for them to be. Given that the old lady was trasnported for incapactiating injuries (one comment claiming to be with her in the hospital says she has a broken pelvis) the claim that nobody touched her is incorrect.

Now, after the fact, I would not be surpirsed if we dont see some community organizing over the "racist" response where we not only dont punish the evil old white lady callously running over children but also arrest the heroic people who simply saley and politiely kept the evil old lady from continuing her streak of mayhem by hemming her in while keeping a polite and respectful distance from her.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Please post where I said it was a law...
    Well let me see, oh yeah. The first sentence... It's not like she was driving a Propane truck and following the law crossing railroad tracks.
    I believe you are supposed to come to a complete stop then, proceed with caution.
    No one cares.

Although, why they chose the signals they did I dont understand. On base they have flashing yellows that only trigger for 30-45 seconds when the button is pressed, and people on base know that they should slow down and yield when the light is flashing. Works great.
    "I aim to misbehave."

UPDATE – 7/12/2018 : According to the St.Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the motor vehicle collision.
    A family member of the child involved in the motor vehicle accident told SMNEWSNET that they were expected to be released from the hospital later today.
    SMNEWSNET has also learned that criminal charges are expected to be filed on a 23-year-old male from Lexington Park today for the assault of Linda Glaser, 72, of Lexington Park.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    UPDATE – 7/12/2018 : According to the St.Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the motor vehicle collision.
    A family member of the child involved in the motor vehicle accident told SMNEWSNET that they were expected to be released from the hospital later today.
    SMNEWSNET has also learned that criminal charges are expected to be filed on a 23-year-old male from Lexington Park today for the assault of Linda Glaser, 72, of Lexington Park.
    Time for the angry Juneteenth.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Well let me see, oh yeah. The first sentence... It's not like she was driving a Propane truck and following the law crossing railroad tracks.
    I believe you are supposed to come to a complete stop then, proceed with caution.

See.. I can make things bold too
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post

See.. I can make things bold too
    So where does the "supposed to" come from then? Just curious.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    2. Any 10 year old hit and drug by an SUV going 40 is dead. Certainly not going to be released from the hospital the next day. Also, his ability to accirately asses the speed of a moving vehicle without advanced training or measuring equipment is suspect.
    You have mentioned this before in another thread.

If you cannot tell the difference driving 25MPH or 45-50MPH when someone drives by you then you have some serious problems with judging speed over distance. I could agree with you if you were to quote maybe up to a 10MPH difference but, there is a noticible difference between 25MPH and 40MPH.

Also... this could be a great band name!
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Members who have read this thread: 128