Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Translation: The check is in the mail!

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    What's the lie?
    Exactly. If I tell you I'm going to buy you a new car and you report that fact, then I renege, who is the liar?
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Exactly. If I tell you I'm going to buy you a new car and you report that fact, then I renege, who is the liar?
    MR is..MR is always the liar.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Can anyone explain why we don't just cut back our contribution in terms of percentage of GDP? The US contributes 3.6% of GDP, the next highest is Greece at 2.4% and the average of the 28 other NATO countries is 1.32%.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Can anyone explain why we don't just cut back our contribution in terms of percentage of GDP? The US contributes 3.6% of GDP, the next highest is Greece at 2.4% and the average of the 28 other NATO countries is 1.32%.
    We do not contribute 3.6 (or 3.5) % GDP to NATO. That's our entire defense budget. We cover roughly 22% of the direct NATO budget. Germany is next at 14%..UK at 10% and so on..

https://www.nato.int/cps/ie/natohq/topics_67655.htm

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    We do not contribute 3.6 (or 3.5) % GDP to NATO. That's our entire defense budget. We cover roughly 22% of the direct NATO budget. Germany is next at 14%..UK at 10% and so on..

https://www.nato.int/cps/ie/natohq/topics_67655.htm
    Exactly. Hopefully others can realize that simple concept. It covers ALL our expenses around the world, with a disproportionate amount going to NATO in relation to what the rest of NATO members pay for said agreement.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Exactly. Hopefully others can realize that simple concept. It covers ALL our expenses around the world, with a disproportionate amount going to NATO in relation to what the rest of NATO members pay for said agreement.
    The real cost disparities come about when indirect costs arise due to actual NATO operations. Heck..we're the ones with all the aircraft carriers and most of the heavy-lift air capabilities..for starters.

And jeepers creeper!!...I had no idea that new NATO headquarters was such a massive edifice!!

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    The real cost disparities come about when indirect costs arise due to actual NATO operations. Heck..we're the ones with all the aircraft carriers and most of the heavy-lift air capabilities..for starters.

And jeepers creeper!!...I had no idea that new NATO headquarters was such a massive edifice!!
    HQ is a palace of immense proportions. Just 1.23 BILLION dollars, as Dr Evil would say....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Back in the "good ole days" of the roaring 80s, there were numerous NATO "special working groups" or "SWGs" involved in all kinds of fun joint development or research. I was involved in several SWG6 programs that were focused on advanced marine vehicles. We built large models...demonstrators...test craft..prototypes..we traveled a lot...ate and drank a lot....good times. The Germans, Brits, Danes, Swedes and Norwegians especially.

Hell, these days we're lucky if the NATO Navies exchange a liaison officer or two.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    ... and he was LYING then ... why do you think he is telling the truth NOW???
    What exactly was the lie last yer ?

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    What exactly was the lie last yer ?
    Too late. She's gone on to other fields. Won't see her back in this one unless Gilligan baits another hook.
    Saying we are a country of "Immigrants" is an insult to our ancestors.

Members who have read this thread: 53