Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strzok Denies Bias

Strzok Denies Bias

"At no time, in any of those texts, did those personal beliefs ever enter into the realm of any action I took," Strzok said.

He insisted under aggressive questioning that an August 2016 text in which he said "We'll stop" a Trump presidency followed Trump's denigration of the family of a dead U.S. service member. He said it was his personal view, written late at night and off-the-cuff, of "horrible, disgusting behavior" by the Republican presidential candidate.

But, he added in a raised voice and emphatic tone, "It was in no way — unequivocally — any suggestion that me, the FBI, would take any action whatsoever to improperly impact the electoral process for any candidate." Some Democrats applauded after he finished speaking.

FBI agent angrily rejects charges of bias at chaotic hearing

yeah, sure thing bro
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

The exchange ended in more fireworks. After Strzok said he didn't "appreciate" how Gowdy painted some of his actions, Gowdy shot back: “I don’t give a damn what you appreciate, Agent Strzok."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32983...er-joseph-curl
    Last edited by GURPS; 07-12-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Strzok made the comments during a Congressional hearing on how his animus toward Donald Trump and fondness for Hillary Clinton impacted investigations involving both political figures in which he played an integral role.

"I understand we are living in a political era in which insults and insinuation often drown out honesty and integrity," Strzok said during his opening statement. "But the honest truth is that Russian interference in our elections constitutes a grave attack on our democracy."

Strzok then claimed that Congress' attempt to hold him accountable for his actions was a win for Putin and the Russian leader's goal of destroying the United States.

"Most disturbingly, it has been wildly successful — sowing discord in our nation and shaking faith in our institutions," Strzok continued. "I have the utmost respect for Congress’s oversight role, but I truly believe that today’s hearing is just another victory notch in Putin’s belt and another milestone in our enemies’ campaign to tear America apart."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32997...-ryan-saavedra

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) asked Strzok:

On August 6, you hadn’t interviewed anyone, you’re investigating this alleged Russian collusion with the Trump campaign, you’re the lead investigator, you originated the investigation, you’re the point of contact, you drafted the document, and here you are before you’ve interviewed a single solitary witness saying, ‘F*** Trump’…‘I can protect the country at many levels.’ We’re not even a week into an investigation that you originated, approved, were the contact for, you hadn’t even interviewed a single solitary soul until August 11, and you’re already pledging to protect the country from that menace, Donald Trump.

Gowdy followed by asking Strzok about his text to Lisa Page stating he would “stop it” – the it being Trump’s presidency. Gowdy queried, “When you promised to stop Donald Trump from becoming president on August 8, how many interviews had you conducted?”

[clip]

Gowdy shot back, “Some one may ask you that question, Agent Strzok, but I didn’t…Here’s what I want to know? Who is the ‘he’ in ‘he’s not’?...What is the ‘it’?”

Strzok demurred, and Gowdy continued firing, “If we’re going to have a debate over a two-letter word, we’re going to have to do that another time. Who or what did you mean by ‘it’?”

Strzok said it was written late at night, and Gowdy continued grilling him. Finally, Strzok answered, “It would be his candidacy for the presidency, and I sensed that the American population would not vote him into office.” Gowdy said, “The ‘we’ll’ is the American people?” Strzok stated, “I don’t recall writing that text. What I can tell you is that text in no way suggested that I or the FBI would take any action to influence thee candidacy.” Gowdy finished him: “That is a fantastic answer to a question nobody asked.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32990...as-ben-shapiro

Now that Lisa Page has heard all of Strzok's answers, I'm not sure why the Committee is going to bother to interview her tomorrow.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

We really need a star chamber.

First 3 minutes of this important, the rest not so much..Of 30,000 emails to/from Clinton's server, ALL but 4 went to a 'nation state' in addition to the folks it was addressed to. FBI has known this for quite a while and now it just comes out??

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate that condescending little smile of his.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    First 3 minutes of this important, the rest not so much..Of 30,000 emails to/from Clinton's server, ALL but 4 went to a 'nation state' in addition to the folks it was addressed to. FBI has known this for quite a while and now it just comes out??

What nation state?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    We really need a star chamber.
    We had one, and if Hillary had been elected we never would have known.
    Which part of "...shall not be infringed." do you not understand?

Members who have read this thread: 57