Thread: Tell me this isn't insanity

Tell me this isn't insanity

The only thing that would be worse is if the attackers got off scot-free, which could happen in a Progressive utopia.

https://www.ctpost.com/policereports...t-13044078.php

STAMFORD — A Bridgeport man who was assaulted by three juveniles while he was at work in Norwalk will have to spend 18 months in jail for stabbing one of the attackers.

“I was defending myself,” Jeffrey Sumpter, 21, told Judge John Blawie on Monday morning at the Stamford courthouse when he was sentenced for stabbing one of the males in the leg last October. Blawie told Sumpter that he understood and believed his version of events, but he said he had to follow the letter of the law.

Sumpter, dressed in a white prison jumpsuit with short sleeves, did not reply. His public defender Howard Ehring said unlike a state like Florida, which has a law allowing its residents to stand their ground, Connecticut law requires Sumpter to retreat from the beating he was given at the Dunkin’ Donuts where he worked. After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.
    “Lead paint chips: they're not just for breakfast anymore.” - Board Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    The only thing that would be worse is if the attackers got off scot-free, which could happen in a Progressive utopia.

https://www.ctpost.com/policereports...t-13044078.php

STAMFORD — A Bridgeport man who was assaulted by three juveniles while he was at work in Norwalk will have to spend 18 months in jail for stabbing one of the attackers.

“I was defending myself,” Jeffrey Sumpter, 21, told Judge John Blawie on Monday morning at the Stamford courthouse when he was sentenced for stabbing one of the males in the leg last October. Blawie told Sumpter that he understood and believed his version of events, but he said he had to follow the letter of the law.

Sumpter, dressed in a white prison jumpsuit with short sleeves, did not reply. His public defender Howard Ehring said unlike a state like Florida, which has a law allowing its residents to stand their ground, Connecticut law requires Sumpter to retreat from the beating he was given at the Dunkin’ Donuts where he worked. After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.
    AAAAAAH! After the deed was done stabbing one of the doers is a no-no.
    And Public defenders haven't got the reputation as really good attorney's.
    Time served would have been a good verdict IMO.

Just wondering...what part of the last sentence is beyond your comprehension?

After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.
    He was not defending himself if he stabs some after he is assaulted. He became the aggressor and also used a deadly weapon.

He is not "standing his ground" if the assault happens inside the establishment, is over and your hero grabs a knife and goes outside to stab somebody.

This is really kinda basic stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    AAAAAAH! After the deed was done stabbing one of the doers is a no-no.
    And Public defenders haven't got the reputation as really good attorney's.
    Time served would have been a good verdict IMO.

It should have been regarded as a public service. If he'd managed to kill the POS it's next victim would have been spared their upcoming trauma.

It'd be nice to move to a more vengeance based penal system for a decade or two... Clean the leftist ####bags right out of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    ..... Connecticut law requires Sumpter to retreat

Mass is so bad, you have to abandon your HOUSE if you can climb out an window, rather than shooting and Intruder
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

You get the government you deserve.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Just wondering...what part of the last sentence is beyond your comprehension?

He was not defending himself if he stabs some after he is assaulted. He became the aggressor and also used a deadly weapon.

He is not "standing his ground" if the assault happens inside the establishment, is over and your hero grabs a knife and goes outside to stab somebody.

The part I'm not understanding is where is the justice for Mr. Sumpter...I thought we were in an age of seeking justice...

Quote Originally Posted by CPUSA View Post
    The part I'm not understanding is where is the justice for Mr. Sumpter...I thought we were in an age of seeking justice...
    This is a leftie - hitting BACK is a crime. Attacking three to one isn't a crime, but hitting BACK is.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post

Yes..it is. Stop by for some more advanced lessons beyond basic. Please. Name:  club.gif
Views: 65
Size:  700 Bytes Name:  kar.gif
Views: 58
Size:  4.2 KB
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Members who have read this thread: 54