Tell me this isn't insanity

BOP

The only thing that would be worse is if the attackers got off scot-free, which could happen in a Progressive utopia.

https://www.ctpost.com/policereport...k-assault-gets-18-months-for-not-13044078.php

STAMFORD — A Bridgeport man who was assaulted by three juveniles while he was at work in Norwalk will have to spend 18 months in jail for stabbing one of the attackers.

“I was defending myself,” Jeffrey Sumpter, 21, told Judge John Blawie on Monday morning at the Stamford courthouse when he was sentenced for stabbing one of the males in the leg last October. Blawie told Sumpter that he understood and believed his version of events, but he said he had to follow the letter of the law.

Sumpter, dressed in a white prison jumpsuit with short sleeves, did not reply. His public defender Howard Ehring said unlike a state like Florida, which has a law allowing its residents to stand their ground, Connecticut law requires Sumpter to retreat from the beating he was given at the Dunkin’ Donuts where he worked. After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.

Hijinx

The only thing that would be worse is if the attackers got off scot-free, which could happen in a Progressive utopia.

https://www.ctpost.com/policereport...k-assault-gets-18-months-for-not-13044078.php

STAMFORD — A Bridgeport man who was assaulted by three juveniles while he was at work in Norwalk will have to spend 18 months in jail for stabbing one of the attackers.

“I was defending myself,” Jeffrey Sumpter, 21, told Judge John Blawie on Monday morning at the Stamford courthouse when he was sentenced for stabbing one of the males in the leg last October. Blawie told Sumpter that he understood and believed his version of events, but he said he had to follow the letter of the law.

Sumpter, dressed in a white prison jumpsuit with short sleeves, did not reply. His public defender Howard Ehring said unlike a state like Florida, which has a law allowing its residents to stand their ground, Connecticut law requires Sumpter to retreat from the beating he was given at the Dunkin’ Donuts where he worked. After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.

AAAAAAH! After the deed was done stabbing one of the doers is a no-no.
And Public defenders haven't got the reputation as really good attorney's.
Time served would have been a good verdict IMO.

transporter

Just wondering...what part of the last sentence is beyond your comprehension?

After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.

He was not defending himself if he stabs some after he is assaulted. He became the aggressor and also used a deadly weapon.

He is not "standing his ground" if the assault happens inside the establishment, is over and your hero grabs a knife and goes outside to stab somebody.

This is really kinda basic stuff...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
AAAAAAH! After the deed was done stabbing one of the doers is a no-no.
And Public defenders haven't got the reputation as really good attorney's.
Time served would have been a good verdict IMO.

:yay:

It should have been regarded as a public service. If he'd managed to kill the POS it's next victim would have been spared their upcoming trauma.

It'd be nice to move to a more vengeance based penal system for a decade or two... Clean the leftist ####bags right out of the population.

CPUSA

Just wondering...what part of the last sentence is beyond your comprehension?

He was not defending himself if he stabs some after he is assaulted. He became the aggressor and also used a deadly weapon.

He is not "standing his ground" if the assault happens inside the establishment, is over and your hero grabs a knife and goes outside to stab somebody.

The part I'm not understanding is where is the justice for Mr. Sumpter...I thought we were in an age of seeking justice...

SamSpade

The part I'm not understanding is where is the justice for Mr. Sumpter...I thought we were in an age of seeking justice...

This is a leftie - hitting BACK is a crime. Attacking three to one isn't a crime, but hitting BACK is.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Yes..it is. Stop by for some more advanced lessons beyond basic. Please. club.gif kar.gif