It's all fun and games until....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was only talked into watching one of his acts. Borat.

35 mins into it I was done. Not funny in the least.

Midnightrider

https://lawandcrime.com/entertainme...hens-stunt-with-sarah-palin-land-him-in-jail/

If Sacha Baron Cohen was wearing one single military medal or decoration when he "interviewed" Sarah Palin, he has violated the Stolen Valor Act. I can't stand the guy and think anyone who finds him funny is a moron, so I'm really hoping he gets busted and strapped to the chair.

i have never found him funny either, but dont actors wear military decorations all the time as part of their costumes? How would this be any different?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
i have never found him funny either, but dont actors wear military decorations all the time as part of their costumes? How would this be any different?

I'm not a lawyer but I'd tend to see that as a con-job rather than as a movie or play, since the victim is unaware.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Actors are playing a role, not misrepresenting themselves as decorated military personnel. It's the same as an actor playing a cop for a movie role or someone impersonating a police officer.

But you knew that.

Chris0nllyn

Actors are playing a role, not misrepresenting themselves as decorated military personnel. It's the same as an actor playing a cop for a movie role or someone impersonating a police officer.

But you knew that.

He's playing a role. For his "Who is America" series on Showtime.

gemma_rae

Yup... His name is Billy Wayne Ruddick Jr.

Officer Hank has spoken.

71M5YbIFFwL._SX425_[1].jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nope. He won't be charged with any stolen valor because he's playing a role for a show. :yay: Now you know.

Um, no. It's only acting if all participants know it's merely a costume. If you put on a highway patrol uniform and pull someone over to harass them, you can't use the defense that you were only "acting". In fact you will be charged with impersonating a police officer.

It hurts my head that you really do need these things explained to you.