Basic supply and demand

transporter

A basic primer:

Reality: Growing economies worldwide demand more energy.

Action: Our incompetent President spends a year threatening to terminate the Iran deal, then does so and re-installs sanctions to stop Iran from selling oil on the open market.

Obvious Reaction: Reducing supply in a tight market drives up prices.

Reaction of the Incompetent: Blame OPEC for the results of your actions...hope brainwashed supporters will continue to believe everything you say.

The OPEC Monopoly must remember that gas prices are up & they are doing little to help. If anything, they are driving prices higher as the United States defends many of their members for very little $’s. This must be a two way street. REDUCE PRICING NOW!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1014611307427966976

OPEC has propped up prices since January 2017 by limiting its supply, but the slow-and-steady rally accelerated earlier this year when Trump restored sanctions on Iran, the world's fifth largest oil producer. Prices have also risen on production declines in major producing nations like Venezuela and Angola and supply disruptions in Libya and Canada.

The State Department sent oil prices soaring two weeks ago when a senior official revealed the administration is pushing oil buyers to cut their imports from Iran to zero by November. The announcement came just days after OPEC, Russia and several other producers agreed to start pumping more.

many analysts are skeptical top OPEC producer Saudi Arabia can offset potential the looming drop in Iran's exports and disruptions elsewhere. Trump's aggressive bid to remove Iranian barrels from the market could boost gasoline prices into the fall, depriving Americans of the fuel price relief they usually get, just as they head to the polls, analysts recently told CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/13/tru...ping-emergency-oil-supplies-to-tame-crud.html

Hijinx

If Trump can break Iran I don't mind paying a bit more.
At least he is trying to bring down their nuclear progress.
The rest of the world should be in favor of that.

CPUSA

Reality: Growing economies worldwide demand more energy.

Reality: The United States have plenty of their own oil. The United States doesn't need OPEC or their oil.
At any time, the most competent, most inclusive, smartest, most honest, statesmanlike President since Reagan can tell OPEC to go piss up a rope...and then open our oil markets up to the growing economies, dominate the oil markets, and put the Middle East back in their place on the Global Market...somewhere near the bottom would suit me just fine

SamSpade

I'm reminded of the quote often misattributed to Lenin "the capitalist will sell you the rope you will hang him with".

Iran is our ENEMY. They have been our mortal enemy since 1979. That has not changed at all. They're the world's biggest sponsor
of terrorism.

What we're getting is oh please don't drive up oil prices by punishing Iran. Right. Why don't we instead PAY them money to kill us?
I mean, that IS the gist of this, right? That he's an idiot for allowing oil prices to climb because of what we're doing to Iran?
So the obvious response is, do something ELSE that doesn't hinder them from profiting from oil?

Damn - we're at war with them - if not a shooting war, then opposed to them.

Go ahead - sell them the rope.

Hijinx

I'm reminded of the quote often misattributed to Lenin "the capitalist will sell you the rope you will hang him with".

Iran is our ENEMY. They have been our mortal enemy since 1979. That has not changed at all. They're the world's biggest sponsor
of terrorism.

What we're getting is oh please don't drive up oil prices by punishing Iran. Right. Why don't we instead PAY them money to kill us?
I mean, that IS the gist of this, right? That he's an idiot for allowing oil prices to climb because of what we're doing to Iran?
So the obvious response is, do something ELSE that doesn't hinder them from profiting from oil?

Damn - we're at war with them - if not a shooting war, then opposed to them.

Go ahead - sell them the rope.

Countries like France ,England and other European countries who have been selling things to Iran in spite of the sanctions are the ones selling the rope Iran intends to hang them with.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Iran is our ENEMY.

At least that is what the propaganda tells us anyway. Except ...

"Iran is now subject to the world's most robust nuclear verification regime, and the IAEA, (International Atomic Energy Agency), has so far had access to all the locations it needed to visit in the country." "The agency has repeatedly found Iran to be in compliance with the terms of the agreement." "The IAEA, the foremost authority on the matter, has repeatedly deemed Iran in compliance with the nuclear deal. The State Department has also certified the Islamic Republic is holding up its end of the bargain, and a host of experts affirmed these definitive findings."

Oh, and don't' forget, under Obama, oil was over $127 per barrel and gas was, in some locals, not including California, over $4 per gallon.