Chicago clashes after US police kill black man

Smokey1

Apparently some people think that they should be free to assault police with deadly force and not face the consequences.

22AcaciaAve

The man became combative and pushed officers' arms away before reaching for a weapon on his waist band, Waller said.
At some point during the confrontation, the unidentified man was shot, police said. He was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police recovered a weapon at the scene but the man did not fire his gun at officers, Waller said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/14/us/chicago-officer-involved-shooting/index.html

The narrative before was that police shouldn't be shooting people who were unarmed. This person was armed and reaching for his weapon and now the narrative is that they shouldn't have shot him because he did not fire his gun at them? That's crazy. The man was combative, he reached for his weapon, the threat was eliminated. If the police can't stop and question someone whom they think may be armed, then we all basically have the right to open carry of a firearm. I'm not sure that's what the anti-gun crowd really wants.

black dog

Free America
The narrative before was that police shouldn't be shooting people who were unarmed. This person was armed and reaching for his weapon and now the narrative is that they shouldn't have shot him because he did not fire his gun at them? That's crazy. The man was combative, he reached for his weapon, the threat was eliminated. If the police can't stop and question someone whom they think may be armed, then we all basically have the right to open carry of a firearm. I'm not sure that's what the anti-gun crowd really wants.

A supposed gun in a pocket is a threat?? When did police get Superman's xray vision?
And you do know that virtually every person that someone's grabs it's a reaction to pull away..

But back to the real question, how is someone a threat without knowledge that this supposed gun in the pocket ( that hasn't been deployed ) is really a gun and not another tool of his trade.

I talk to LE few times a week with a pistol on my side ( normally under my shirt ) and I don't get piled on and shot.

black dog

Free America

I would suggest you read up on Pinner v State.
Carrying a firearm is NOT a reason to ask is they have a permit to carry.

And I a free state you don't need a permit to carry a firearm...
In Indiana, our permit does not specify open of concealed. It just states to carry a firearm.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
So, good man, got a kid, well known and respected barber. Either selling loosies, or giving a couple of smokes to his aunt. Reportedly has a CC permit, and did have a gun on him but wanst reaching for it. Hmmmm. Were this not the same department that operated it's own black interrogation sites, I might have more faith that we get the real story eventually, but I dont.

glhs837

Power with Control

I would really like to see some source for this other than Officer Bob said so.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Gun laws are too lax in the USA.

Actually too restrictive.......

Chicago has some of the most restrictive......and they’re shooting each other up by the thousands......including kids.
They riot because an LEO shoots one of the thugs and tonight another half dozen or so will be shot by other thugs and no one gives a rats ass......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Actually too restrictive.......

Chicago has some of the most restrictive......and they’re shooting each other up by the thousands......including kids.
They riot because an LEO shoots one of the thugs and tonight another half dozen or so will be shot by other thugs and no one gives a rats ass......

Exactly....and why salmon failed to respond after his lame toss-up of the canned narrative was questioned. Maryland - where I assume Salmon lives, unless he's just another internet troll* - and Chicago, have some of the most extensive, restrictive and anti-2A laws in the country --BY FAR. So when an uninformed troll throws out the "need more common sense gun control" canard about either place..they lost the debate before it even got started. Most of the people who mouth that nonsense do not have even a passing relationship with the facts. Take Tranny, for example.........please.

*that's what my money is on. Based on his "born-on" date....LOL

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Hey!! Time to party.

At a minimum, get a new big screen TV and possibly a few cases of liquor.

a99.jpg

2015-04-28-d0053bfa_large.jpg