Trump is Blessed with Really Stupid Enemies

This_person

How did Trump luck out by getting such hopeless geebos for opponents? It can’t just be chance. At every turn, these dummies choose to lock themselves into the most implausible and indefensible positions imaginable, then push all their chips into the center of the table. It’s almost supernatural – maybe Trump won the intervention of some ancient demon by heading over to the offices of the Weekly Standard and snatching away one of its Never Trump scribblers to use as a virgin sacrifice.

Look, I was not a Trump fan at the beginning – I was anti-Trump but never Never Trump, both because I was Never Hillary and because I wasn’t a Beltway squishboy who would take his white paper and go home when my guy Ted Cruz lost. I just had no idea what to make of Trump at first because he didn’t look like any mainstream Republican I had seen in the last few decades. But then, I soon realized that he didn’t look like any mainstream Republican I had seen in the last few decades because he wasn’t a hapless loser. He was the anti-Jeb!

Here’s a test. Leave DC or New York, drive a few hours out to America, find a random guy on the street and ask, “Hey, don’t you think it’s awful that Trump wants our allies to increase their contributions to their own defense to just about half of what the U.S. pays?” You can safely assume he’ll respond, “Wait, why only half?”

The Normal/Elite disconnect was also in full effect regarding the new SCOTUS dude. The establishment decided it’s going to bork Brett by pointing out that he bought baseball tickets and apparently liked beer in college, like there’s not a significant portion of Americans who wouldn’t be thrilled to have their next justice be nicknamed “Kegmaster K.” And what’s the new fussiness about alcohol, or are they upset because he quaffs brewskis (RUSSIANS!) instead of guzzling chardonnay? The Dems weren’t so picky about partying in 2016 when Stumbles McMyTurn was staggering all over the map.

Pretty good read.

transporter

Here’s a test. Leave DC or New York, drive a few hours out to America, find a random guy on the street and ask, “Hey, don’t you think it’s awful that Trump wants our allies to increase their contributions to their own defense to just about half of what the U.S. pays?” You can safely assume he’ll respond, “Wait, why only half?”

You do, of course, understand that contributing 2% of GDP is NOT Trump's idea?

You do , of course, understand that all the countries Trump b!tched about already signed an agreement to get to 2% of GDP on defense spending?

You do, of course, understand that the NATO's countries spending on defense is not the international outlier...WE are? (We spend more on defense than the next 7 or so countries combined and that's before the 10% spending increase signed in Feb.)

You do, of course, understand that the US has (for the last 70 years) embarked on a mission to be the world's leading (now only) superpower. The strength of that position dictates that we project our hard power around the world as a means to the end of making soft power work more often. It also allows for the economic expansion of our companies into other countries. That trade with other countries increases the interdependency of countries/governments. The more countries/govts become dependent on each other for multilateral economic expansion, the chances of those countries going to actual war with each other is lessened?

And, of course, you do understand that everything our incompetent President did at the recent NATO meeting was a gift to Vladimir Putin and a gift to President Xi?

You do, of course, understand that Russia is an enemy of the United States?

You do, of course, understand that the EU is NOT a "foe" of the United States?

In parsing just this one paragraph, you do, of course, understand that the Townhall author isn't counting on the intelligence of the "Normal"...he is counting on their ignorance. Trump is a buffoon.

SamSpade

You do, of course, understand...

Tell you what ----

For ONCE, assume the answer is *yes*, and try to discuss why you might disagree.
Assuming ignorance on the part of your adversaries is the easiest way I know to lose a chess match.

Hijinx

You do , of course, understand that all the countries Trump b!tched about already signed an agreement to get to 2% of GDP on defense spending?

You do, of course, understand that the NATO's countries spending on defense is not the international outlier...WE are? (We spend more on defense than the next 7 or so countries combined and that's before the 10% spending increase signed in Feb.)

You do, of course, understand that the US has (for the last 70 years) embarked on a mission to be the world's leading (now only) superpower. The strength of that position dictates that we project our hard power around the world as a means to the end of making soft power work more often. It also allows for the economic expansion of our companies into other countries. That trade with other countries increases the interdependency of countries/governments. The more countries/govts become dependent on each other for multilateral economic expansion, the chances of those countries going to actual war with each other is lessened?

And, of course, you do understand that everything our incompetent President did at the recent NATO meeting was a gift to Vladimir Putin and a gift to President Xi?

In parsing just this one paragraph, you do, of course, understand that the Townhall author isn't counting on the intelligence of the "Normal"...he is counting on their ignorance. Trump is a buffoon.

Let me see and please tell me if I am wrong.

They signed the agreement, but they haven't come up with the money. And isn't that what Trump is asking them to do?

You do, of course, understand that the US has (for the last 70 years) embarked on a mission to be the world's leading (now only) superpower.
China is building island and putting bombers on them, They are trying to intimidate the countries of the China seas and Taiwan and Japan, they are a nuclear country with bombers ,missiles, submarines and a large standing army, Russia is not exactly a small country and they are nuclear with the same weapons of war as ourselves and China.
I don't know what it takes for you to call a country a super-power, but I believe you are wrong to say we are the only one.

You will have to explain this one to me. I don't see how going to NATO and asking them to pull their fair share of the load is a gift to Putin or Zi.

The EU was invented to oppose the growing dependence on the American Dollar in world trading.

[/QUOTE]

The Townhall author isn't counting on the intelligence of the normal He is counting on the ignorance of buffoons like you, who forget how Presidents are chosen and when they don't like the winner they piss and moan and act like children

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

yeah based on what, exactly ...

They Sure Are NOT Our FRIENDS

:tantrum

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

You Were Saying .... You Miserable Git

:blahblah:

SamSpade

You do, of course, understand that Russia is an enemy of the United States?.

[video=youtube;N0IWe11RWOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0IWe11RWOM[/video]

Apparently nobody told the LAST President. You'd think HE would know, after four years.

This_person

I do. You do, of course, understand that Trump didn't talk the people into committing this money, right?

OH, well you DO understand it. Ok, then you DO understand that they're not paying what they agreed to pay, right?

Which, of course, has nothing to do with NATO specifically, right? You get that this is a pointless point? We're supposed to give 2% of GDP to NATO, and we give almost 4%. Only a couple of other nations give the 2% they're supposed to give, the rest do not.

You know that, right?

Other than us being the only superpower (which is patently false - I mean, what about China? What did Russia give up in terms of military capability at the end of the Cold War?), I agree with all of this. So, .... so what? What does this have to do with the other countries not living up to their agreement?

Oh, of course. I'm sure that egging other countries into increasing their defense budgets to include 2% of GDP to NATO strengthens the hold Putin and Xi have on the NATO countries. I mean, it is in their best interest to be better defended against, so they can lower their military spending as they have no need to attack an alliance that gets stronger and stronger with everything Trump does.

That is what you mean, right?

Unlike the 44th president, I do understand that. That is why it is really good for the NATO countries to up their spending on NATO, strengthening that alliance, and walking with a bigger stick to defend against aggressive countries like Russia.

I do not think that the 80's are calling and want their foreign policy back, like Mr. Obama did. I do not believe a phony and misspelled reset button will work towards lowering tensions between the east and the west. Clearly the current president understands this, too. Which is probably why he got all over Germany's ass about giving gobs of money to Russia for energy - putting Germany at Russia's dependency, not allying with Germany's allies - and shamed Germany into (probably) changing that action.

Yep. That's why Mr. Trump is helping them.

Actually, I think it is the other way around. Clearly, that's been demonstrated by your post.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tell you what ----

For ONCE, assume the answer is *yes*, and try to discuss why you might disagree.
Assuming ignorance on the part of your adversaries is the easiest way I know to lose a chess match.

That's all Trans has: "Yur dum!!!" S/he's the perfect representative for the Democrats coming into the 2018 election and preaching the platform perfectly.

SamSpade

Trans doesn't play chess. She plays checkers - with the assistance of George Soros.

I've mentioned the famous exchange - well, famous among chess enthusiasts - and some journalists - where Aron Nimzowitsch, upon learning he was going to lose
in a chess final to Friedrich Samisch - stood on the table and shouted (translated) "That I should LOSE to this idiot!".

Chess players learn this much from this incident - his mistake was not playing badly - his mistake was assuming his opponent was stupid.
Were I his opponent - I'd exploit that.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I've mentioned the famous exchange - well, famous among chess enthusiasts - and some journalists - where Aron Nimzowitsch, upon learning he was going to lose
in a chess final to Friedrich Samisch - stood on the table and shouted (translated) "That I should LOSE to this idiot!".

Chess players learn this much from this incident - his mistake was not playing badly - his mistake was assuming his opponent was stupid.
Were I his opponent - I'd exploit that.

And then there's Trans.