Of course rest assured... this won't stop the street riots by the natives!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
DiLFQxJVAAEU4Cm.jpg

Footage from body cameras and other surveillance video appeared to show that a black man who was shot and killed by a Chicago police officer was armed with a gun and reached toward it as officers confronted him, officials said Sunday.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Harith Augustus, 37, had a holstered semiautomatic handgun tucked into his waistband when officers confronted him on the city's South Side. According to patrol chief Fred Waller, Augustus broke free and ran from the officers, who believed "he appeared to be reaching for a weapon" and shot him.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/1...officers-appeared-to-have-gun-police-say.html

Hijinx

Kyle;589 [url said:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/15/chicago-man-shot-killed-by-officers-appeared-to-have-gun-police-say.html[/url]

So the media brings up a shooting from 2015 to try to justify the riot.

Salmon

The public has grown tired of police shooting African America citizens with impunity.

Hijinx

The public has grown tired of police shooting African America citizens with impunity.

The black public is who I assume you mean.
I don't see a lot of white people rioting over the shootings in Chicago.
Maybe if the people getting shot were not carrying guns they would not get shot.
Maybe if they marched against their neighbors shooting each other instead of cops killing thugs things would get better.

I can equate this with a riot in a prison after a prisoner is shot.
The other criminals riot.
Those rioting are just other criminals who haven't been shot yet.

Honest African Americans are busy earning a living, and trying to better themselves.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

Lets talk about impunity, that means without fear of reprisal or punishment. Pretty sure at this point, virtually no officer feels that way anymore, they know damn well that any shooting of a black man is going to receive a lot of looks. I think nobody is in favor of police shooting people who dont need shot with impunity. But lets be clear. There are people who should be shot, and using those cases to make the case about impunity doesnt help at all. This guy grabbed his handgun while in an altercation with the police. So, like Freddie Grey, you might want to not choose this case to make the above statement. I"m certainly against officers shooting when they shouldnt, and even more vocal about departments working overtie to try and hide and protect officers who do shoot people who didnt need shot. But this case looks pretty open and shut.

Focus on the cases where there is some question, dont riot over people who got themselves killed by being stupid. When I see Sandra Bland and "Gentle Mike" on the list of those killed by cops, I stop listening to whomever made that list.

EDIT: Shout out to those who insist on body cameras. As a lot of us suspected, they show clearly that the great majority of cops are people just doing a good job. And yes, helps make the case against bad ones.

Last edited:

Salmon

This may be justified. All too often though, it’s unarmed black men being executed at the hands of police. Thankfully there are body cameras. I think many police are now better behaved because of them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Nope. ..what the public has grown tired of are thriving unchallenged gangs of AA yutes taking over entire inner cities and shooting each other up on massive scale.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

The decedent not only wore two semiautomatic pistols, he displayed them and tried to draw the one on the right as he resisted arrest. This was a righteous shoot of a deserving decedent.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
This may be justified. All too often though, it’s unarmed black men being executed at the hands of police. Thankfully there are body cameras. I think many police are now better behaved because of them.

Actually, the placement of body cameras at the demand of black-citizens' organizations, has proven that (in most cases) the police did everything by the books. Even when the miscreant was unarmed.

Hijinx

The decedent not only wore two semiautomatic pistols, he displayed them and tried to draw the one on the right as he resisted arrest. This was a righteous shoot of a deserving decedent.

From the picture I am not sure if he was displaying them or moving his shirt out of the way to get to them.
It's not really important, he won't do either again.

Hijinx

Actually, the placement of body cameras at the demand of black-citizens' organizations, has proven that (in most cases) the police did everything by the books. Even when the miscreant was unarmed.

Yeah I bet they hate that.

black dog

Free America

Except when they get shot running away unarmed and not a threat..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
From the picture I am not sure if he was displaying them or moving his shirt out of the way to get to them.

The video is at the link.

glhs837

Power with Control

I think the frequency is overblown a bit by the media. Finding a decent list isnt easy. And I hate the term executed. A mistake in whether someone is armed or not is NOT an execution. Wrong still, but not an execution. That sort of language is the problem. Manslaughter isnt the same as murder. And not all murders are executions.

Unless I'm mistaken, he was actually wearing one handun, on his right hip, and a magazine or two on his left hip.

And thats why, while a picture is worth a thousand word, a video is worth a million. You see him actually grabbing at the grip of the weapon in the next frames. It's painfully clear he was attmepting to draw.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Wow, racist much? What makes you think ALL African American citizens run around with guns in their pants that they then pull on cops?