Amazon Prime Day

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Starts today at 3pm.

Who's going to go shopping and buy a bunch of stuff they don't need because it's on sale?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I thought once you gave them the 99dollars every day was prime day.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I thought once you gave them the 99dollars every day was prime day.

I think it just went up to $119, but with my wife and daughter, still well worth it. I think today is just a big sale day - on what I don't know.

black dog

Free America
I think it just went up to $119, but with my wife and daughter, still well worth it. I think today is just a big sale day - on what I don't know.

With the hardware, auto parts, jerky, office and shipping supply's, spices and others I am well ahead with Prime. The bestie burns 15 - 20 gig a month worth of tv along with it. I order 2-6 times a week, it's easy and fast.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think today is just a big sale day - on what I don't know.

A bunch of stuff I don't care about. I just went through some of their highlights - good deals on Kindles and Alexa spying devices. At 3pm I'll look through my wishlist and see if there's anything that's a good enough deal that I can no longer live without it. Doubtful, though, because all I ever want is books and nail polish.

SamSpade

I will probably buy TODAY something I was planning to buy in a few weeks, because it's half price today.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
With the hardware, auto parts, jerky, office and shipping supply's, spices and others I am well ahead with Prime. The bestie burns 15 - 20 gig a month worth of tv along with it. I order 2-6 times a week, it's easy and fast.

That's why I picked it up three years ago @ $99. I order a floor jack for my zero turn mower. The shipping on that 150 lb part was about 75 bucks, Adding prime deleted that fee, so I got my money back on that purchase pretty much. Been gravy since.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I need some doggy grooming supplies, so I'll see what those prices are tonight. I have found that the furminator is useless on the moose.

black dog

Free America
That's why I picked it up three years ago @ $99. I order a floor jack for my zero turn mower. The shipping on that 150 lb part was about 75 bucks, Adding prime deleted that fee, so I got my money back on that purchase pretty much. Been gravy since.

Yep, we just put a rear air to spring rear shock conversion on the tattoo girls 97 LaSabre.
It comes with strut rear shocks and new coil springs that are heavier with the loss of the air ride system. The conversion cost her 90 bucks on my prime account and the box it was delivered in easily weighed 65 lbs. I have no idea how any profit was made.
I love it, my kid asked for some turkey and pork jerkey when we talked sat night, point and click and it will be their waiting for him when he comes out of the field later this week.
This week we ordered complete front struts to level out the Buick, 135 bucks for two monster McPhersons.. about half of what my local O'Riley store wants.
Auto parts seem to be 20 to 50% cheaper through Amazon.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Amazon will rule the world.

And when I posted that very thing a couple of months ago, the usual suspects piled on me to tell me how OMG stupid!!! :cds: :jameo: I was for daring to suggest such a ridiculous thing.

I'ma change my screen name to Cassandra.

Chris0nllyn

And when I posted that very thing a couple of months ago, the usual suspects piled on me to tell me how OMG stupid!!! :cds: :jameo: I was for daring to suggest such a ridiculous thing.

I'ma change my screen name to Cassandra.

Um, no. You claimed Amazon is a monopoly because you were parroting Trump and couldn't back that claim up. That's why the "usual suspects" said how stupid it was to suggest such a thing.

You post an opinion piece from some freelance writer bolding parts you believe back up your claim, ignoring the other parts that don't. Then, imply that it's somehow Amazon's fault that they received "bulk pricing [that] doesn't meet the actual cost of the service provided". All while acting like this is what you laid out in the other thread. You didn't. In the other thread you claim Amazon is a predatory company that is underselling products to become an industry/market leader as evidenced by this post. You even claim that Amazon is an "uber monolithic predatory corporation". You claim they "violate our antitrust laws". And when asked how, you tell me to educate myself and ignore all requests to provide a modicum of proof.

Then, I point out the percentage of market shares Amazon has. None of which point to a monopoly. And nothing suggesting Amazon is running afoul of antitrust laws.

Now, when your other "Amazon is the devil" arguments don't stand up, you find this gem of an article and act like you've been crystal clear about your (ever-moving) objections to Amazon (but not the other, similar companies). You tried, and failed, to prove that incompetence in the USPS is somehow Amazon's fault. You keep harping on and on about Amazon and ignore the other companies that do the same exact thing as evidenced in the other thread when Wal-Mart was brought up, though having a larger market share in many cases and certainly receiving bulk pricing from USPS, Wal-Mart isn't the same as Amazon because "WalMart doesn't offer consumer health insurance, or financial services, or have a trucking industry that I'm aware of. So there is a measure of scale."

Bulk pricing means diddly squat. The USPS and Amazon agreed to terms for a shipping deal and no one knows what it looks like or the details of the deal so to take an article pointing out the monopoly that the USPS has for mail delivery or the subsidies given to Amazon (that they certainly don't need) and try and twist it into something it's not is not indicative of a case where you should be blaming others for lack of comprehension.
http://forums.somd.com/threads/3286...age-it-delivers-the-Postal-Service-loses-1-46

Chris0nllyn

This week we ordered complete front struts to level out the Buick, 135 bucks for two monster McPhersons.. about half of what my local O'Riley store wants.
Auto parts seem to be 20 to 50% cheaper through Amazon.

FYI, Rockauto.com has great parts prices. 2 complete struts for that 97 LeSabre (people still drive those?) on RockAuto as low as $107.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I thought of a few things I need but apparently so did everyone else because Amazon's website is being wonky.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Um, yeah. You just want an excuse to sling insults at me because it pisses you off that I'm always right and you're always wrong, plus it pisses you off that Trump's been a pretty great President so far, which is something else you were wrong about.

Try thinking about things for a second or two before you post them instead of just having a #### fit reaction, then you can be right sometimes too. :flowers: